Chapter 5

We'd finally got somewhere, it was a store. It didn't look overrun. Or empty, either. I knocked on the window, waiting for any walkers. 3 came stumbling out, I grabbed a knife. I stabbed 2, hoping Carl would get the other one. Instead he fell to the floor, kicking the Walker. I started to laugh, it was pretty funny. "Stop laughing and kill it!! It's gonna bite me!!". I rolled my eyes and pushed it to the floor with 3 fingers, I stepped on it's head. "It's not rocket science, Carl. That's all you had to do.". He rolled his eyes and we walked into the store, I gave him a few plastic bags. I went down to the candy Isle to see if there was any candy for the group, since they took me in and welcomed me. There was 14 candy bars and 6 bags of marshmallows. I put them in my bag, as a surprise. I walked to the next isle which had some comics in, yep I'm a comic geek. I love them. I got whatever was there as I heard Carl likes comics too. I was walking through the other isles, I'd got some bags of chips. I saw the alcohol isle and was intrigued, walking through it was really nostalgic. I remember when this all started, I was in a group with some really great people. My favourite person, Sam, had given me my first drink of alcohol when I was 12. He said we could all die at anytime, and he wanted me to live a little. He was like my brother, he always made me do new things. He gave me my first gun, too. I grabbed a few bottles of WKD, it was a vodka. Then my bags were full. I went to find Carl, only to find him on the Clothes isle. He was looking at some cropped shirts, Aged 17. I quickly walked away and shouted "Carl, you done yet? I think your dad will be back soon.". "Yep! C'mon, you're still in your pajamas." We walked out, we both giggled. We heard a gunshot, not far from where we were. I pulled carl behind a bush, peaking up to see them. "That's the group me and Jennie left. They wouldn't let us leave. Carl, we need to go. They're dangerous.". He shook his head "I'll go talk to them.". I raised my tone, still whispering "No, Carl! What if they kill you!?". He kissed me on my head and stood up, walking towards them. "Hey, you? I'm wondering if you've seen a man and a woman around here, alive?". One of the men, he used to tell me his name was Vixen, shook his head. "No, now go away, kid. We're waiting for 2 girls.". Carl sighed and walked away. I crawled behind a car, Carl followed. "Assholes." He growled. We started walking, well, crawling. Just until we were out of sight. We made it back to Alexandria, Glenn called us over. "Did I tell you, Ji?" Glenn smiled, I was confused "Tell me what?" Maggie stroked her stomach, "You're gonna be an auntie, hunny." I smiled "Awe, You look great for a pregnant lady, Maggie.". Carl quickly pulled me away before Maggie could talk, I frowned. "So we're not gonna talk about that kiss I gave you?". I was shocked "So you meant the kiss...?" He nodded "Well, yeah. You're really sweet, and pretty, talented too-" Ron walked in with Judith "Oh, you're back. Here." He put Judith on the sofa and walked back out. "Nevermind, we'll talk about it later. So, what'd you get?". I grabbed my bag "Promise you won't tell anyone? I'm planning on surprising everyone at dinner, since you all welcomed me in so quickly." Carl nodded. "I got candy for you guys, there's enough for everyone, I even got Judith some marshmallows." I giggled, Carl smiled "That's really sweet of you, Ji. I won't tell anyone, don't worry.".