| 5 | Strong Silent Type | |

"We'll be on the plane in less than forty-eight hours." Dante ended the call and rubbed the back of his neck. He wasn't sure how Giovanni kept his wits about him. Not only kept his wits, but enjoyed this insanity.

Dante' much rather play the supporting role. That's what he was good at. That's what he was always good at. Being Giovanni's wing man. Never having to make the tough decisions just following orders. Now, Giovanni was out of the game, was too far away to really give him direction. Would Dante' be able to fill those shoes even if only for a short period of time?

Dante paused when he rounded the corner to Bridget's bathroom.

He frowned. "What are you doing?"

She looked back at him through the mirror as she finished adding earrings to her ensemble. She was wearing a black midriff top that showed enough skin but hid the bruises from her run ins the days before and dark wash jeans with rips at the lower butt cheek showing her bronzed round skin. "I thought you needed to get hardware or software or whatever? I expected you to give me the list so you can rest... here."

She smirked, pushed away from the bathroom counter and strolled up to him. "What did I tell you about thinking? You're no good at it so leave it to the geeks." She kissed him on the cheek and walked out the bathroom.

He crossed his arms over his chest and turned to face her. "Aren't you sore?"

"I'm hurting like hell, but we've got things to do so we can get this shit over with."

"You should rest. Just tell me what to get."

"It's not that simple Einstein. You can't just walk up to any random on the street and ask for illegal computer parts to hack the Italian mob's computer system."

He scratched his head. "Yeah, I figured that much."

"Look, you flew all this way to find me and convince me that I should be on your team and you did that so let me work."

He stood up. "Okay, let's go."

She frowned. "You do realize that let's is a contraction that means let us, right?"

"I'm going with you."

"Dante..."

He turned on her with his calm terrifying emotionless facial expression. "Not negotiable."

She crossed her arms annoyed that he was being overbearing and even more irritated at herself that she found this side of him rather sexy. The corner of her mouth pulled up. "Fine if you insist. It would be entertaining at least seeing how you fare in a body painting rave." She grabbed his hand and pulled him to the closet in bathroom. "Strip."

He frowned. "Why?"

She started searching for something in the closet.

"You can't wear that where we're going."

He frowned brushing his hands over the fine planes of his well made designer suit. "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?"

She stood up shirt and pants in hand. "Nothing. You... you look great." Understatement. "You're going to need to get in and out of your clothes where we're going..."

"What for?"

She chuckled at his furrowed brows. "It's a neon paint party. You wanted to follow me like an obnoxious puppy dog now strip. I want to see your knickers." She wanted to see more than that but she'd never admit that outloud. She told herself a thousand times she wasn't going to go there with Dante', again. Repeating her past mistake would be the very definition of crazy. He made his choice ten years before. There was no going back, no them together.