twelve

commendable

as the bright light peaked through the curtains stan had sworn the girl next to him was an angel

as the bright light peaked through the curtains stan had sworn the girl next to him was an angel. the peacefulness of her sleep radiated throughout the room and he watched tiredly from the other end of the bed. he wondered if she knew how much she deserved to be praised.

slowly he slipped away from the bed and grabbed some clothes from his bag that he brought along with him, finding the bathroom and getting changed as quietly as possible before heading downstairs to find the older woman making some breakfast. "goodmorning mrs james."

"morning stanley, what are you doing up so early?" the tired woman asked as she pulled the knot of her robe tighter and placed the spatula down. a stack of pancakes sitting on the counter behind her.

"just woke up early, eleanor is still sleeping though," he replied politely and took a seat at the kitchen island.

"that's good, she doesn't get much sleep anymore," karen stated with a sad smile and stan understood why. he gave a small smile back to the soft eyed lady who was making them breakfast.

"i'm sorry for your loss, mrs james," he nodded as he gave condolences. the messy curls on his head following the movement. "thank you stan, and just call me karen."

the yawn at the kitchen entrance causing them to look over. eleanor stood in all her glory, sunken in eyes and bed hair. her sleeves wrapped around her hands in little paws and matching pyjama pants so long they met the wood of the floors.

"morning," she hummed and took a seat next to stanley who smiled at her before ruffling her already messy hair. she slapped his hand away before pinching his side and the kitchen filled with some soft laughter. karen smiled at the children before going back to making more pancakes.

eleanor stared at stanley for a while, taking in all his features and how his curls had become a slightly frizzy mess from sleeping on them. she wondered what hair products he usually used to make them so perfect during the day. however, her thoughts were broken when he looked back at her the heat rose to her cheeks and she turned away embarrassed she had been caught.

"breakfast is served," karen hummed as she placed plates of pancakes in front of them before getting out maple syrup and strawberry jam. the light tinge of pink on her daughters cheeks causing her to raise her eyebrow in question. karen remained glad her daughter had started to make friends, but could tell that what was happening between stanley and eleanor that was possibly turning into more.

the sound of the phone ringing broke the woman from her thoughts and she made her way over to answer it. "hello, this is the james residence?" she answered as a yawn made its way through her body.

"is eleanor there?" the young female voice asked and karen turned to her daughter who was laughing with the curly haired boy. "yes, who might this be?"

"my name is beverly, i'm a friend from school," she got in response and karen held the phone against her chest to talk to her daughter.

"eleanor, you've got a call from a girl named beverly?" karen smiled at the dark haired girl who slipped off the stool immediately.

the blue eyed girl questioned how the red head had gotten her number before figuring that she found it in a phone book. where else would she have found it? eleanor took the phone from her mother before giving a chipper 'hello'.

"eleanor, i need you to get stanley and come over to my place right away. somethings happened and i need help, come as soon as possible," beverly pleaded through the phone, sounding frightened and panicked.

"okay bev, we'll come over as soon as i get ready. see you soon," eleanor responded immediately on edge and hung up. "we're going to go over to her house as soon as i get ready!" eleanor called as she rushed away after grabbing her last syrup covered pancake and shoving it in her mouth.

she rushed upstairs before receiving any questions and seeing the mortified look on her mothers face from the pancake event that happened seconds ago.

"you know what, i'm not going to ask," karen stated out loud as stanley removed himself from the kitchen island taking the plates to the sink and giving a small smile to the older woman who looked confused and worried.

"i'll go talk to her," the curly haired boy said before making his way from the kitchen and upstairs. he also questioned what was going on, but only after he laughed about how eleanor shoved a whole pancake in her mouth without a problem.

🎈

wow this is certainly probably not in order, but i haven't seen the movie in a while so yep.
atleast there's a new chapter, which isn't that good, but oh whale who cares.
(me i do)
anyways, hope y'all are enjoying the fact that i updated and will do so again soon since i have nothing better to do.
- peace out, trashytacos