Part 16

"Hey. Are you okay?" a clear voice asks him, making Krillin look back.

"Oh, it's you!" he calls surprised, seeing the girl from the future standing behind him. He can't help but feel a bit nervous as he remembers what happened between her and Vegeta. She sure has guts.

"What happened?" she asks, holding out her hand to help him up, which he hesitantly takes.

"Well uh, Gero kinda took me off guard for a moment before he ran off again." he explains.

"He was here? Did you see which way he went? We need to stop him." she asks, glancing around hurriedly.

"That way." Krillin points out. "But wait!" he calls out, stopping 21, who he believes to be called Julliet, in her tracks. "We can't kill him yet. We need to follow him, or we'll never find his hiding place." he explains, making 21 frown.

"I suppose." she mutters.

Krillin nods. "Come on, let's go before he gains too much distance." he urges.

"So uh... Julliet is it?" he asks nervously, making her glance over as they follow Gero's tracks. "What's the story?" he asks.

21 feigns confusion. "What do you mean?" she asks.

"Well...uh...you seem to have a...special...kind of dislike against Gero. What's up with that?" he asks, noticing how much more angry she seems from what he remembers when meeting her three years ago. She seemed rather light-hearted.

Her eyes narrow. "You're very observant are you? Bulma said you were a very emphatic person." she states, confusing Krillin for a moment.

"Bulma did? Oh! Your Bulma from the future!" he realizes. "I guess so." he mutters. "Anyway. Do you and Gero have a history or something?" he tries again.

"Gero." 21 nearly spits out the name. "He look everything from me." she states sadly, but does not clarify. Krillin decides to drop it. He shouldn't expect her to just spill everything.

"Heh." he chuckles suddenly. "I forgot to compliment you on how you handled Vegeta earlier. Not many people dare to speak up against him." he tells her, making her smirk for a second before turning serious.

"Although Trunks just basically met his dad, he already looks up to Vegeta and cares for him. He's always ready to put himself at risk for those he cares about. I'm afraid he'll get hurt because of Vegeta's arrogance." she explains.

"Hm." Krillin muses. "Good luck with trying to get through that thick skull."

"There it is!" he suddenly calls, pointing at the spot Gero in the opening of a cave. It is blocked by two great metal doors.

"He went inside!" 21 gasps, wanting to get a move on.

"We've got to hurry and tell the others first. We don't know what's in there. We can't risk it." Krillin urges, not wanting the young woman to act rashly.

He powers up as that was the deal. This signal should call for the others and sure enough, he can sense them approaching. Piccolo and Tien are the first to arrive. "Great. Can I trash the place now? Preferably before he wakes 17 and 18." 21 asks impatiently.

"He's already inside? Then we need to hurry." Piccolo states, wasting no time in trying to kick the door down.

Before they succeed however, Vegeta comes up behind them. "I see you found it." he smirks as he watches Piccolo prepare to blast the doors down.

21 turns to Trunks who is behind him. "Trunks. He's already inside. We need to hurry." she urges, making his eyes widen.

"Yeah." he agrees.