I slowly open my eyes and everything starts to come back. After I could hear I could see and I could feel once again. I look around and take a second for everything to catch up. And unfortunately for me that meant I remembered what happened right before I passed out.

"Miss Hartford, how are you feeling" a doctor asks as he appears by my side.

"Fine, I guess" I mumble.

"Does anything hurt" he questions.

"My head a little, but that's it" I admit.

"Okay. You did hit your head before you hit the ground but besides a minor concussion and a little cut in your side we don't expect any real issues" he explains.

"What... what happened" I ask.

"Jonathan over there knocked out whoever it was holding you hostage and you hit your head on a pew" he explains and I laugh a little.

"I guess I took the whole "put your head into helping out" a little too literally huh" I ask and he smiles a little.

"Good to see you're well enough to make jokes" he laughs.

He checks me out and when he's convinced I will be okay he leaves me with the people I love more than anything. I see Jonathan holding my moms shoulders as she rests her hands on his. They both walk over to me and I give them my best smile.

"How are you feeling" Jon asks.

"I've been better" I admit.

"I'm so sorry sweetie" my mom sighs.

"It's not your fault mom" I insist. "You didn't know that guy was coming, you didn't know he was in the church, you didn't know he was going to attack me. It's not your fault" I insist.

"I know. But he could have hurt you, he could have killed you" she whispers.

"But he didn't" I say.

"Yeah... because Jon stopped him from doing anything. He saved your life" she says and I turn to him.

"He did that way before today" I smile.

"Are you going to be okay" he asks and I sigh.

"Yeah. As long as my father stays as far away from me as possible" I insist.

"He's here" my mom whispers and my eyes go big.

"Get him out" I nearly yell.

"He wants to see you" my mom insists.

"He's the only reason I'm here in the first place. Don't you think he's done enough" I ask.

"Your father is a persistent man" she argues.

"He's dangerous. He hit me, one of the many many people he has hurt has found us, they were in your church, why can't you see that he's not who you fell in love with" I ask.

"Because it's the kind of love you don't fall out of" she says. "I know you understand" she insists.

"I do. But what happens when Jon isn't there to save us" I ask.

"I don't know. For better or for worse I guess" she says.

"I don't want you to get hurt" I whisper.

"I'll be fine. I have God" she insists and I nod. I grab my cross necklace that was my moms and hold it close to my heart.

After a while they release me and I promise to check in with my mom every so often to assure her I was okay. Since they caught the guy, thanks to Jon, they weren't worried about this happening again but were going to monitor the situation closely.

I walk out of the hospital room and I see my mom walk over to my dad. He catches my glance and tries to walk over to me, but I shake my head and grab Jon's hand. I follow him to his car and hop in. I rest my forehead on the dash and let out a long sigh.

Jon starts to rub my back as I try to make my breathing even.

"Thank you for saving me" I say softly and he kind of laughs.

"I honestly don't remember a thing. All I know is that I saw you limp in his arms and I snapped. It was over in a flash" he claims.

"Couldn't have at least made sure I didn't hit my head" I tease and he lets out a deep laugh.

"Is this what I get for trying" he asks and I lift my head off the dash.

"Of course not. You get a kiss too" I claim and he smirks.

"Mhmm I like this reward" he claims as he leans over for a kiss. I press my lips to his as I hold his face still. "How about we go get ice cream and make Patrick watch Bridesmaids again" he asks and I smile.

"Honestly that sounds wonderful."