Chapter 21

"What are doin in my factory?"  I turned around, a man was standing behind us with a shotgun in his hand, pointing it at us "We're sorry sir, we don't mean to cause any harm to you." The detective said with a worried tone.
"We're here to find someone, sir. Mr. Cline-" "I haven't seen him in a while.." He sighed. Oh, God... "Do you have offices in here?" Robert asked him. "Yes follow me." He put the gun down and we started to follow him "I haven't seen him in a while.." I remembered him say, "Are you Okay? You look like that you're going to cry." Jahseh said, "I'm alright." I confirmed. "Here's his office." The guy said pointing at it "Did he leave a note or anything?" The Detective asked the man. "Not that I know of." I glance at the desk and walk up to it, damn is it so dusty, Detective walked away with the man to ask him. Some questions, while they did that I decided to search the desk, to see if he left anything behind.

I searched the whole thing and he didn't leave anything, as I got up Jahseh was standing behind me, inches away from my face. He had this look in his eyes; it was either hope or sorrow "Jahseh, are you Okay?" I asked him while taking a slight step back, but he came closer, "Jahseh we-" He cut me off by softly putting his lips on mine, I let go "Jahseh, what's wrong?" I asked him again, he moved back, looked at me and then walked off. What was that for?
—————-/LATER THAT DAY\—————-
"So did you find anything?" Stokeley asked me, "No.." I sighed "Damn" Stokeley later replied, "We only only found is his desk, but nothing was left behind." I added, we talked for a few hours, then we had to leave. "January, you wanna have a sleepover at my house?" Jahseh asked me. "Sure but-" "You'll have to get your clothes from your room." He cut me off, I was just about to say that. I nodded my head and we left.

"Be quiet or you're Step-Mother will hear you." Jahseh warned me, "I know that." I mumbled to myself. I climbed through the window, trying to not make a sound, and stepped inside, I quietly run to my closet, opening it and grabbing some clothes, and then climbing out of the window again. "Did you get everything you need?" Jahseh asked me, "Yes I did, Can we go now?" I panicked, He nodded his head and walked to the car.

"Wow, nice house." I complimented, "Thanks." He smiled back. As soon as I sat down I heard footsteps from a distance, a young woman approaches me "Hello, you must be January." She said to me, I stood up and shook her hand, "I'm Cleo." She introduced herself, "Nice to meet you too." I smiled.
"She's staying here for a few days," Jahseh said to his mom, "Where's she sleeping?" Cleo asked him: "In my room."

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter 💖
THANK YOU ALK FOR 2K 😭😭😭 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Please comment & vote! Thanks ❤️