Ch. 30 Disgruntled Disagreement

Start from the beginning

"Shut the fuck up, Nathan. I don't even know why you're here! You moved on. You don't care about her! What, you're just here out of the goodness of your heart?" He waits a beat, but doesn't give the other guy any time to come back with a response.

"No, you're here because you feel guilty!" He hisses.

"Not everybody needs to be as emotionally invested as you are in a girl that's been dead to us for years." The auburn haired guy shoves the fire-eyed guy as he gets in the pink-haired man's face.

Geez. This is getting personal. I shake my head and swipe a hand down my face.

"Excuse me for not being as emotionally dead as you are!"

Ah fuck, I open my mouth to try and calm them down but another voice joins theirs.

"This isn't the place to be arguing about this, gentleman." The stern scholarly looking guy steps between them.

"Shut the fuck up, it's not like you're any better than he is. You basically forced us all to give up on her." The pink-haired guy spits out at him.

A dark look makes it's way into the man's eyes.

"That might be so," he breaths out harshly, "but that doesn't mean that we need to be at each other's throats. I'm sure both Ms. Soren-" his voice cuts off, and his eyes fall on mine, and then flits to Sonny and Rhonda for a moment. "-Ms. Lavele and that woman will meet us at the Lockheart Estate. Arguing about something that's already happened is useless."

I'm not so sure Cy will be back anytime soon, but I don't correct him. If that's what they need to think to shut up, then so be it.

"I'm not sure they'll be back by the time you're gone." Rhonda says. I groan and glare over at her but the damage is done.

"What do you mean by that?," the blond twin not covered in blood asks. Rhonda sighs.

"I mean, we'll get you all patched up and make sure you get a ride back to where ever you need to go. I'm sure the Lockheart's can afford to put you up in a hotel for a few days, if you need somewhere to stay until you can find a way back to wherever. But you won't be at the Lockheart Estate long enough to wait around for the terrible twosome to get back." She explains.

I inwardly groan this time at the look on the faces around me.

"We won't be going anywhere until we can talk to Sang." A gruff voice says. I turn my head and stare at a dark haired man with dark eyes. He stares Rhonda down with a grim face.

Maybe sensing my gaze, he turns his eyes to me. The man next to him, also dark haired and dark eyed, puts a hand on his arm but the gruff one continues, "We need to talk to her."

"Her name isn't Sang. And she doesn't remember you." I tell him, point-blank.
His face twists, "I don't care what you call her. We still need to talk to her."

Determination fills his voice and eyes. There isn't going to be any getting rid of this guy. I can tell just by looking at him, he's going to be a problem.

"And we need to talk to you." A soft voice next to me makes me jump. I turn and look at the other blond twin, the one with the really injured guy. Sorrowful blue eyes meet my own.

"I don't remember you, either." I tell him. Somewhere deep inside, I feel like it might be the wrong thing to say. Deep down, it feels like I should hear them out.

But I can't. I've got more problems than a group of guys looking to barge into my life. I've got my kids to worry about, one of which is out in the world with the worst kind of sadistic bastards. Tommy is at the top of my priority list, meaning I'm going to have to track down Cyan and Leninora sooner rather than later. And then we'll have to search for Dontavion and his siblings while we search for Tommy. I already feel exhausted.