A Day's Notice

A blur . . . everything was a blurr . . .

There was some muffled whispering. You could only make out bits and pieces of the word

"she__kay?"

"Soon ____ medicine____ She'll live . . ."

You groaned; making everyone turn towards you. Why were you lying down? Suddenly the scene before you passed out flashed back into your mind and you jumped out in worry. "Princess!" A pain in your side reminded why you were lying down in the first place. Multiple thick bandages were wrapped around different parts of your body. The woman with short black hair nudged you back into bed.

" Hey . . . hey . . . you've been through a lot. You deserve some rest until your wounds heal."

Suddenly the door to the room opened and the woman fell silent. A deep voice broke the emptiness of the room.

"Yes Cassandra is right, after your sacrafice, Corona is more than greatful. Tending to your wounds and allowing you to rest is the least we can offer." It was the king. The urge to throw yourself off the bed and kneal crept up, but the pain nulled the thought. You took a gulp of air.

"Your magesty!! I-it's an honor!" The King smiled.

"Dear, the honor is all mine. You are the one who saved my daughter, princess Rapunzel.

You gasped. "Your magesty, may I ask. How is the princess? I only remember jumping in front of her".

"Well, why don't you tell her yourself?" You looked behind the king and saw the princess walk into the room followed by Flynn Rider.

"Hey, how are you feeling? You must be exhausted after everything." You were suprised when you realized how tired you actually were, despite having just woken up.  Before you could even attempt to try to sleep again, the king asked a disheartening question.

"Where do you live? We must send for your parents so that they know where you are. We shall fully give our thanks for raising such a courageous young lady."

Tears began to well up in your eyes from the shame and embarassment. "I uh . . .  haven't seen them in years. I live along in the old cottage by the book shop."

The room's silence was deafening. Their was a pitiful look in the king's eyes. But the princess' eyes had hope. "That's not right. I know! You can stay here."

Rider grabbed her by the arm. "Blondie, are you sure you can just invite people her without your parents' permission." Rapunzel thought about that. But her mind quickly came up with a compromise.

"Heyy Cass, didn't you say you wanted and other lady in waiting to help you around the castle?" 

"Wha . . .? Oh! Yeah! I did." Both women looked at the king sheepishly. He sighed in defeat.

"(y/n), in respect for what you have done for the kingdom, I hope to offer you a role as a lady in waiting if you accept."

You could'nt believe this was happening, but this was your only chance to not live along again. You knew your choice.

"I accept"

________________________________________________________________________________

It's been about a month since you decided to stay as a lady and waiting and though the schedule is rough, but you enjoy the work. There was one downside though. You were forced to give up your job at the bookshop which was devastating. And the work usually prevented you from travelling past the wall. You longed to visit your old sleepy town. But there was no way you could make the king budge on this rule.

You were currently carrying a case of Rapunzel's and who you soon found out was actually Eugene's laundry. It wasn't that heavy cause let's face it, they both wore the same clothes almost everyday.

You were walking into the princess's room when you heard her and Cassandra talking. 

"Cass, if we go see the wizard we could finally get behind what happened with my hair. But we can't tell Eugene, who know's what he'll say." Oh god she's keeping secrets now. You didn't want any part in this so you tried to creep past her door and head to Eugene's room instead. However, luck was not on your side since you tripped over air and dropped the basket in front of the door.

Rapunzul spun around. " Who's there?"

You slowly appeared from behind the door. "It was just me . . . "

Rapunzel's face glazed with slight relief. "Oh . . . (y/n), It's just you. How much have you heard?"

How could you find your way out this ? "I haven't heard much. I certainly did't hear anything about your hair- or a wizard!"    Dammit you blew it.

You tried backing away but Rapunzel pleaded for you to not tell ANYONE. How could you betray the one who gave you a new home. You agreed keep her plans a secret, and seeing she could trust you, asked if you wanted to go with her and Cassandra to visit the wizard.

"Are you serious?"

She smiled. "Of course! Plus I know you've been wanting to visit your old town. But first . . . we need to get you out of that over the top dress.

She led you do her drawers where she pulled an decent top with a skirt and it was much more comfortable than the frilly lady in waiting dress you had to wear. After, you all made your way to the back of the castle and headed to the woods of your old town.  This time you all avoided the area with the rocks.

You eventually made it to a large old home and though you weren't phased by its architecture, Rapunzel was clearly nervous.  Unexpectedly, when you three made your way to the front door it opened by itself. 

Noone was ready to volunteer to go inside first but Cassandra reluctantly entered. Once you all entered you noticed a pink ball rolling towards and soon, POOOf, you were all stuck.

"Booby traps" Rapunzel shouted.

"You are going to be fine Raps" Cassandra assured her.

Then behind in the the darkness, a figure with a metal mask began to walk toward you guys.

You were confused, this didnt seem like wizardry. You shouted, "Hey wizard!! What kind of magic is this?!If you are going to kill us the least you could do is answer my question." Hey, you thought, if you're gonna die you'll be damned you weren't going to due clueless. 

Almost comically, the figure began to tense. 

"MAGIC!?"

* Heyyy I hope you liked the second chapter, even if it was long. If you were hoping this would completely follow the show's plot sorry, it's not. But I really hoped you liked this one and comment below! Tune in next time to see how the reader and the "wizard" react to each other."

- Mini_Terror