Chapter 2

Astrid sat beside Cisco at his desk and ran her mind scan. "I just ran a scan throughout Central city. I didn't pick up anything suspicious... except that there's definitely an absence in meta-human mind activity, right now. As in, they certainly aren't in the city!" She said.

"That's definitely something to go on... Where would they go?" Barry asked.

"Maybe they just went on holiday?" Caitlin suggested, trying to be optimistic.

"I'm running a scan on Central City residents who were affected by the meteor shower." Cisco said as he typed as fast as he could at his computer. "...Wow... there was certainly quite a few... and... yeah, that must be some holiday... because look how many of them have been considered missing without telling a single soul, I'm curious as to what the lure might be. Maybe beaches? Beautiful women? Not that we don't have that second option right here."

Astrid sent a look in his direction, but he smiled back at her in response. The group looked at the screen in front of him. "It seems like they've all been going missing over a period of time, to make it seem a lot less obvious." Barry replied.

"...and look at this..." Cisco said, "some of the ones that we have helped over time have gone missing, too." He clicked on a name. Shawna Baez, also known to the group as Peek-a-boo was amongst those missing.

Barry's phone rang, so he pulled it out of his pocket and answered it, putting Joe immediately on to speaker. "Hi, Joe. I'm over at STAR Labs, now." He began.

"Good, do you guys have power over there?" Joe asked, the man sounded panicked.

"Yeah, of course we do, why?"

"I take it that you haven't looked outside at all in the last two minutes or so?" Joe asked them. The group looked over at the window and realized what Joe had been referring to.

The group were shocked, as they raced towards the window to see nothing but pure darkness.

"You guys... how much time has passed?" Cisco asked them, "My phone still says its only eleven in the morning."

"That's what I was referring to." Joe said, the sky has gone dark and Captain Singh just sent a few men to power up CCPD's generators."

"First, we have missing metas, and now the sky's gone dark... Is anyone else thinking that it's quite possibly the end of the world? I'm not scared at all." Cisco lied.

"Joe, does Singh have any theories?" Astrid asked determined to find out the answer.

"No, that's why I called." Joe answered.

"Look, we'll get on it as soon as possible." Barry said. "Leave it with us, Joe." He ended the call and asked, "Has anyone seen Harry? Maybe the World Walker has a theory."

"He was sitting a board meeting, for me." Astrid said, "He should be here soon."

Ever since Astrid's ordeal with Dr Psycho, a month ago, she hadn't really been out in public too often, due to her lowered self-esteem in relation to her facial scars. Which included going to her board meetings.

Just as she had spoken, Harry emerged in to the cortex. "We have a problem!" he announced on his entrance. He stormed towards the group.

"When don't we? We've already noticed the black skies out there. It's night time at only eleven in the morning." Cisco said.

"Do any of you have any theories as to what could have caused that?" Harry asked them.

"We were sort of hoping that you might know something." Caitlin replied. "it's a little out of our jurisdiction."