Nothing like the Simulations

Start from the beginning

"See you in the next life sarge." Aimilios smiled, kneeling down before his Sergeants pod, he laid a gentle hand on the pod, than, without another word, stood up and started towards the objective. "Let's make it count."

.............................................................

He was still running when suddenly he heard movement and slid to his knees behind a tree. "UNSC!?" A voice asked and Aimilios turned to find a wounded marine.

"Marines? What the hell are you doing here? Your drop is 5 klicks to the south!" Aimilios said running to the Marines side and inspecting the hole in him.

"Got separated by a rocket, landed with Bravo, we were attacked and I barely managed to escape." The marine explained and Aimilios reached for the wound with a bandage.

"NO DONT!" The marine yelled but when Aimilios touched the wound the marine changed from a human to a Jackal and Aimilios jumped back drawing his pistol.

"Fucking cloakers." Aimilios cursed and shot the already injured Jackal sending him to the ground. "That was for Sergeant you bastard." Aimilios said, crushing the Jackal's skull under his boot and walking towards the objective.

"Be advised I encountered a Cloaker jackal just now, advise keep your guard up and use the signs and countersigns over." Aimilios informed as he walked.

"Rodger that Aimilios, be advised your friendly tags are not enabled." Taylor responded.

"SHIT, well, fuck, that could have been bad." Aimilios cursed quietly, crouching and checking his shoulders, he turned on the tags and began walking forward.

He reached a mountain ridge within the hour and a few miles away from the bottom was a covenant colony.

"Well,well, well, what do we have here?" Aimilios said, smiling to himself as he looked around the mountain range.

"Be advised, i'm at the rendezvous... Taylor, you here yet sir?" Silence in response...his squad must be in combat." So, Aimilios waited, and waited for almost an hour before he grew tired of waiting any longer. To his dismay no one had arrived and so he set forward with his weapon free.

"brzrbzbrzbzbrz plzbrhe dzbrz move on thbvzbebrbabzbrb." Static came over the radio and Aimilios stopped, his foot hanging over the edge.

"Repeat? Move on the objective?" he asked looking around but still seeing no one. More static and then nothing.

After a few minutes he made up his mind ."Ah, well 50/50 chance." Aimilios said jumping down the hill and landing hard forcing him to roll.

"Aimilios moving in on the objective over." Aimilios reported and heard some static, brushing it off as busy comm static he walked towards the city.

He stalked up to the city and watched the guards from a nearby brush. When he discovered an opening he slipped into the city undetected, running through the streets and up to the main ship docked above the city.

Aimilios soon found a tractor beam and found a pair of Hunters guarding it, as slowly as possible he picked up a large stone and threw it to the other side of the ship, its crash distracting the hunters who turned away. Aimilios took the opportunity and bolted into the beam and was pulled up.

"That was far too close." Aimilios said as he looked around the ship. "Huh? So this is their warship.... I thought it would be better guarded." Aimilios thought to himself with a smirk as he ran up and down the halls.

Within a few minutes he heard a voice and slipped into the shadows just before a group of Grunts walked down the hallway not even looking at him as they talked in their odd language. As they passed he slipped out of the shadows, continuing with his mission.