9

Edited

Brian 

"Brian, I'm so glad you're okay." Greg said, coming to hug me before he thought otherwise. "Uh, yeah." I said, biting my lip. My finding my mate had taken a toll on Greg. My heart clenched painfully seeing him walking on egg shells around me. Him not touching me hurt more than I knew it should have. 

"So, did you talk with Aaron?" He asked as we went to his bedroom. "You kinda ran from the poor guy after finding out you were his mate." He said, sitting on the bed. 

I sat next to him, keeping in mind to keep a slight distance between us. "We did exchange words if that's what you mean by talk." I said with a brief shrug. "That's not what I meant and you know it." Greg said unamused.

I sighed and shook my head. "No." I said, fiddling with my fingers. Things were changing between Greg and I and I have only been mated to Aaron for but a few hours. I hated this, feeling this awkward around my bestfriend who I longed for so much. 

Maybe it was for the best things changed. Maybe then, will I be able to move on from him.

"I talked with Keith though." I said a gentle smile sat on my face after a few moments of silence had pass between us. I would rather we talked about everything but Aaron.

Similar to the notion that if a tree fell when no one was around it wouldn't make a sound, if I ignored that problem, it simply didn't exist. 

"Keith?" He asked in confusion.

"Yeah, he's my friend. I met him when we went to the mall and you had ditched me for John." I explained, rolling my eyes. 

"His name is Jordan. And besides I already apologized though." Greg said with a nonchalance shrug. Did he? I questioned myself. I really didn't remember him apologizing for that.

A knock came from the door. I groaned, dragging my feet to answer the door.

"Hey, Brian. Can I talk to you?" Asked Aaron, lingering in the doorway of Greg's room, he peered over my shoulder gazing at Greg. 

"Uh, I'm kinda busy." I said, looking back at Greg as well.

"No, you can go." Greg said, his tone hinting a little sadness. "Are you sure?" He nodded in response, a soft smile sat on his face. 

We both knew this day would come but it still hurt. We were so used to being each other's. Now I'm Aaron's and I wasn't sure how I felt about that. 

Meeting your mate was supposed to feel magical. It was said that it would be similar to love at first sight but I felt empty. I could learn to love Aaron, I had to. He was my mate. The one who Goddess Nadia felt was better suited to be my other half. He was not Greg.

"Okay." I said, reluctantly nodding my head before following Aaron out of the room. I couldn't help but wished that Greg denied me to go, demanded that I stayed his. But that wouldn't happen. Aaron was my mate and I was mere Greg's certain someone.

I followed Aaron until we reached the room he was staying at. "Is there any reason you brought me here?" I asked, my eyebrow cocked. 

"Yes, we need to talk." I shrugged and followed him in. "When do you think you can go back with me to my pack?" He asked as I sat on the bed while he leaned against the wall.