6

Edited

Brian

"Happy birthday to you." Sang Ian and Kyle softly, it was no secret that I found my birthday dreadful. Ahh, the dreaded day has finally fallen upon us. I rolled over to my side finding it empty with Greg nowhere to be found. 

"Morning baby." greeted Kyle, he always acted more motherly than usual on my birthday. I appreciated it though, sometimes it was just what I needed. 

"Morning." I replied, yawning sleepily as I blinked lazily. "Where's Greg?" I asked sleepily, sitting up. I lazily stretched my muscles, soft groans escaping my mouth.

"He went to make you breakfast, I think." Kyle replied, a soft smile sat on his face.

"Are you excited to finally find your mate?" Asked Ian as he sat on the edge of my bed. I am going to completely ignore that. 

I let my heavy eyes flutter shut as I frowned and shook my head. "Not really, what if they don't like Greg and I's relationship?" I asked, letting my head hang back slightly. Kyle came and sat next to me and started rubbing circles on my back. 

"They will honey, don't worry." I smiled and hugged him. Kyle was good at comforting people. I guess it came with having a mate that had a teenage child. 

My mate had accept to Greg and I. We were a packaged deal. One buy get one free, that type of thing.

"Now go bath and get ready for your day." They said before making their way out of my room. I sighed a bit, lingering on my bed for a few more minutes before I slowly got out of bed.

 I went to run myself a bath before returning back to my room where I flopped on the bed.

At times like these I really missed my mom. I know she loved me because the memory of love radiating from her is still pretty fresh. Although, I never met her I knew that she would have died for me.

Nostalgia hit me with full force. Nostalgia was the enemy of the present. Keeping people trapped in the past. There existed familiar in the past. There existed security and safety that the present lacked. My nostalgia was of a place I know but didn't know. It was of longing for what I didn't know.

Greg barged into the room, I guessed he sensed the change in my mood. Lonewolves could sense their certain person's mood vice versa. 

Their mood sensory is not as defined as the mood sensory between mates. it was acted more like an intuition as opposed to feeling what your mate was feeling.

He came up to me and gingerly sat next to me. "Do you want to sleep for a bit longer?" He questioned in a gentle tone earning a nod from me.

"Okay, rest for a bit and I'll wake you up for lunch." He said, earning another nod from me. "Oh and I'll close the tap." He said before making his way to the bathroom. 

I buried my head under the blankets and fell into a peaceful and dreamless slumber. 

I woke up from my nap, feeling a bit better. It was late in the day, the sun having long set. I guess Gregory didn't wake me for up lunch. I rubbed sleep from my eyes as I grudgingly made my way to the bathroom. 

I took a long bath, sighing in content as the hot water relaxed my tense muscles. As I grew older I spent more and more birthdays sleeping and going about my day as though it was any other day. 

After my bath I went back too my room and put on my gray sweatpants and Greg's Vans. I didn't bother drying nor fixing my hair, it was a pain to deal. Black people's hair always was. With a sigh, I went downstairs to grab an ice cream tub. Stressing eating was always the best way to deal with life's problems. Ten outta ten would reccomend.