Although he liked Xue Long, it was obvious that the man loved Xian Shi, so it was too hard to separate them. Instead, he might as well help Xue Tao to get the chief's position and marry him allowing him to reap all the benefits.

Li Qiang continued, "I can give Xian Shi a poison that can transform love into hatred."

Seeing Li Qiang's vicious look, Xue Tao decided to use the boy to get rid of his brother to become the chief.

The system faithfully recorded their conversations and showed Lin Xi who ran over next door to join the fun.

—————

"Xian Shi, I didn't expect you to be engage with my elder brother." Xue Tao spoke in a friendly tone.

Seeing the matching rings on Xian Shi and Xue Long's fingers, Li Qiang was irked but kept a warm smile on his face.

"Of course, he's my fiancé. Who would he marry?" Xue Long put his hand around my waist possessively. Lin Xi shook his head helplessly while Xue Tao laughed.

"Dear, could you make us some tea?" Xue Tao squeezed Li Qiang's hand as he spoke.

Lin Xi smiled mysteriously as he watched the show unfold in front of him. Li Qiang came back from the kitchen and placed four cups of tea on the table.

Xue Tao and Li Qiang kept an eye on Xue Long and Xian Shi to make sure that they swallowed. Without suspecting anything, Xue Long took a sip. However, Lin Xi saw the steam floating up as he took a waft of the smell.

Due to the last world, his nose was pretty sensitive to different types of herbs including the poisonous one. There was a slight hint of a rare dangerous herb in the tea: the type that would affect their mental states. Changing their love for someone into a deep hatred.

Lin Xi hasn't told his lover about this part of the plan. He only said to forge a letter and hide the ring that the system made. He would place a similar ring on his table for Li Qiang to believe that it matched Xue Long. Knowing that his step brother is power hungry, he would definitely go along with Xue Tao's scheme of destroying them.

Despite having knowledge, Lin Xi continued to drink the tea allowing himself to give them a show they want to see.

System 1314: Host, I have a cure for the drug."

Lin Xi: No, they need to be fooled thinking that we have been fully poisoned. Give it to me if I try to kill Xue Long.

System 1314: Understood

When Xue Tao saw that his brother and Xian Shi has consumed the drink, he had to wait to see the results. The drug had the ability to turn their love into hatred. The deeper the lover, the more intense the hatred would be.

Xue Long was finally feeling the effects because his eyes changed. It was a sudden emotion that rose from his heart. The feeling of contempt and malice appeared in his brain. He couldn't understand why but he was starting to be disgusted with the person next to him. He knew that this was his fiancé, someone he should love, but the loathing began growing in him like a beast.

Your cold eyes are piercing my heart. His lover who had followed him in every world was currently staring at him with revulsion. Lin Xi seriously wanted to cry until he also felt the drug's effects.

It wasn't something that slowly built up – no, it hit him all at once. The hatred and repulsion appeared at once. He had all his memories and he knew he was poisoned, he just couldn't control his overflowing of emotions.

Soon, the relationship between the loving couple was filled with hostility. Their eyes filled with animosity was very obvious to everyone. If they had weapons, one of them would have been stabbed by the other.

Li Qiang and Xue Tao were satisfied with the result. They just had to wait to see the hatred grow and destroy each other without getting their hands dirty.

When Lin Xi went home, Li Qiang subtly asked him about Xue Long.

"Elder brother, what do you think about Xue Long?" Just as Li Qiang mentioned his name, Xian Shi's face distorted into contempt. Li Qiang smiled at his facial expression and didn't press further.

On the other hand, Xue Tao also brought up Xian Shi which gave him the same result. Xue Long had a murderous aura around him whenever anyone mentioned Xian Shi.

Xue Long remembered the first time they meet and the moment his eyes landed on the boy, he was instantly attracted. But now, the attraction has warped. For some reason, he loathed the boy. His face, his every movement, his every being made his head hurt.

Baby, why do I feel like this?

Holding his head, he unconsciously walked to the forest where they first met. He remembered the boy touching his chest and as his eyes opened, their eyes clashed. That was the moment his heart started beating for someone. This was when he thought, You were born for me.

However, when Xue Long began thinking about Xian Shi, his heart and brain didn't agree with each other. The more he though about his lover, the more the hatred rose. Rubbing the ring on his finger, he was able to calm down. The ring that symbolized their engagement felt like it was something more important. Something he kept with him at all time, but why?

Why did he feel like without this ring, the world has no meaning? Why is it so important?