{16}

(I bet a few of you screamed when you saw that I updated)

(And I bet some cried)

(Ok here's the story)

"JASON DEAN HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU TO NOT TO LOOK SO CUTE." I exclaim loudly at the fully grown black cat.

"You know even after a year, it still feels weird for his name to be Jason Dean." Alana says, looking up from the clothes she was folding.

JD was curled up in (of course) my spot on the bed. His tail was flicking up then down, as he stared at me.

"Well you can blame Connor for that. It was his idea for the name." I huff, then lay on the bed next to the black cat.

"Where'd he even get the cat anyway?" Alana asks, looking at me.

"I thought I already told you?"

"Um.. no. Unless I was somehow drunk, then no." She grins slightly.

I giggle lightly and look back at JD who was still staring at me. Too cute I swear. I smile and start to scratch behind his ear, he instantly purrs and presses his head closer to my hand. I look back at Alana.

"Basically he, as in Connor, found JD outside our house, mewing. He wasn't very big when Connor found him, only a few months old. But his leg was missing when he was found, honestly it was the cutest thing to see him stumble around, he was so clumsy without his leg."

Alana smiled, "I was actually lying. You did tell me this story. I just love to watch your expressions when you tell it."

I rolled my eyes, "Oh shut up."

She giggled lightly and finished folding clothes, which she put next to another stack against the wall. "Whatever you say." Lani says, the grin from before makes it way to her face again.

I sat up then, grabbing JD, I stood. "I'm taking him to the pet store, wanna join?"

"Maybe another time, I need to start my super boring Chem class. Have fun." Lani sighs and grabs her laptop.

"Yikes, you have fun with that." I smile and shove my feet into my boots. JD yawns and looks up at me, I lightly touch his nose as I walk out into the hallway. Looking up and walking towards the door I see Jared standing in the kitchen.

"You seriously have to stop walking around in your underwear." I sigh.

"And you seriously have to get used to this." He grins and when he says 'this' he motions to himself.

I roll my eyes, "What are you even doing?"

He, still grinning, looks back at a bowl and grabs the cereal he was about to pour. "Cereal. How 'bout you? Going to a cult that worships crazy cats?" He looks down at JD, who was using his front paw to rub his nose. So cute.

"No. Actually I'm taking him to the store." I huff.

"Ya know, you're like a grandma who spoils her grandkids. Except you spoil your cat." Jared says, pointing at me with his hand that was currently holding a cereal box.

"Yeah that's great. I'm heading out now." I say, then walk out the door without another word.

~~~

Work is very exhausting. Waking up every morning just to do the same thing for hours upon hours. Everyday.

Sure, it's kinda like school, but it's different. The day went by too slow. As the day went by I started to move slower and slower.

"You look like a zombie, E." Alex grins, walking up to me. She was carrying a pitcher of coffee, half filled. She had probably been walking around pouring coffee for the few people sitting.