Chapter Ten - Stolen

*A/N* - Sorry guys, I know this chapter has been along time coming, but honestly it's been sitting in our heads for a while, and just never made it to Wattpad. Between juggling jobs, sports teams and school, Wattpad's kinda been on the back burner. Hope this makes up for it! ~ DeathoftheShadows and Caymontheawsome *A/N*

*Cayenne's POV*

I fought against Cam's order for nearly six hours before breaking it and going after him. His scent trail had been smothered by the rain, but I followed the remnants of it, hoping I would be able to reason with him. I didn't want to be part of Rachel's Pack. I wanted to be part of my brother's pack. The Pack of Fenrir.

I looked back over my shoulder, toward the house. Jack would follow me, I knew he would. He may have his problems with Cameron, but he would cope to make me happy.

I hoped...

Suddenly, the pounding of fresh blood sang in my nose. Spilled, but struggling. I abandoned Cameron's scent for a bite to eat. I didn't care it was raw, uncooked venison, my stomach would handle it. I crept forward into a natural clearing, the deer still struggling in it's death throes. I sighed with pity for the poor creature and without hesitation, jumped forward and ripped my teeth across it's throat in a powerful side-slash. I looked around, sniffing for any other scent. Poison being my chief concern, other wolves, TRUE wolves being my second. I smelt nothing, not even sickness in the deer or the smoky scent of gunshot.

So I lowered my head to the carcass and started to feed. In a shifter's mind, there is the human section, and the wolf section; many of us were far too human to even consider giving way to the wolf, but as long as you could control yourself from the human part of your mind, you were safe. I tore long strips of lean muscle from the shoulders and flanks, pawing out the guts for the crows. My muzzle was dyed with fresh blood, and once I was full, I sat back, licking my chops clean and grooming myself with satisfaction.

A small wolf emerged from the treeline, shoulders limp and head low. I snarled a warning, eyes flashing. The fur on my neck rose and I stood over the deer angrily. This was mine. He whimpered and lowered himself to the forest floor in submission. I growled again and he rolled over onto his back, exposing his belly to my teeth if I wanted to kill him. I backed off the deer and he approached slowly, sticking his snout into the carcass and emerged seconds later with a large, purple organ in his jaws. The heart. He walked toward me and I stood, my eyes hauty. He laid the heart at my paws and I blinked with surprise. The heart of a kill was usually given to the Alpha and his or her mate, as part of an ancient wolf ritual. I ate three of the four chambers, then offered the last to the stranger. He mouthed my muzzle in gratitude, another old custom, and carried the fourth of the heart to the treeline, where he laid it at the feet of a massive black wolf, probably twice my size.

I laid back my ears in hostility and fear. The black wolf stepped forward, his eyes flashing amber in the early morning light. I felt an overwhelming pressure on my mind and caved, allowing him to speak with me. He smiled wickedly and the two words I heard from him were, "Get her."

*Unknown POV*

I watched smugly as the stronger, faster wolves from my pack, bolted out from the underbrush and jumped the nightcrawler I desired. She snarled at me and lunged for my throat, recognizing the chain of command. I smiled smugly, knowing all the rumours, all the leads were correct. She was fast, smart and proud. My Beta jumped onto her back, sinking his teeth into her scruff in an attempt to wrestle her to the ground. She let him press her down before shifting and slipping free, then turning back into her wolf and tore into his throat, teeth shining. He floundered in his own blood as she turned back to me, jaws dyed red. One of my chargers, a red male with broad shoulders knocked her over but she simply unsheathed her claws, bunched her shoulders and threw him up into the air before rolling onto her stomach and sliced his belly open with her hind claws. She then rolled and faced another charger, and held her ground. He was smarter than the last, having the scars on his shoulders to prove it. He waited, and struck at her left shoulder, tearing the powerful muscle to the bone. She howled with pain and I closed my eyes with intense pleasure. I watched through half-lidded eyes as her golden glow grew stronger and stronger, mounting with her anger. She dove into the bushes, miming a retreat. The charger smiled and sat, throwing back his head in a howl of victory. Then she chose her moment to strike, taking out the Omega I had used to trick her, gifting him with a quick, silent death. The charger remained howling in the clearing and she slunk up behind him before throwing her weight back on her hind paws, rearing up, and eyes sparkling. She threw her weight forward, driving him to the ground and crushing his skull.