Chapter Eight- Revelations

*A/N* This chapter is dedicated to Chlicy for her epic cover making*A/N*

*Jacks POV*

I followed Cayenne's scent back to the clearing. Thunder shook the air around me and I lifted my snout to the sky and drew in the scent. The air had a metallic smell to it. But I got what I was looking for. My paws carried me forward as I followed Cameron's scent. But it sooned mingled with an unfimiliar scent. Who was this newcomer?

I didn't take time to think about it because that wasn't why I out here in this relentless rain. I was here for Cam. That backstabbing asshole! We were never exactly friends but I expected him to honor his boundaries. I guess not. Lightening was streaking across the sky in briliant arcs. The landscape lit up in fantastic electric blue. It was beautiful. And sooo close. I had never experienced a storm like this. On a mountain. Its exhilarating. I can understand why Cam would head for the mountains now. But he wouldn't have any peace. Not tonight.

The rain plastered my fur to my body as the storm got stronger. I don't know how long i had been running, but I knew I had caught up with Cameron because his scent and the females had gotten much stronger. The had obviously not been running as hard as I have. I came out of the treeline and entered a clearing. It was a house. A house built into the side of the mountain. Actually not a mountain. A really big hill in front of the mountains. It had floor to ceiling windows on the side I was facing. I look through them and saw Cameron and a brown haired girl sitting on a couch.

He was way to comfortable. I snarled loudly and barked to get his attention. My bones began to change and shrink as I shifted back into human form. I didn't want to endanger the female. She hasn't done anything to me.

Cam's eyes narrowed as he saw me through the rain. We were losing daylight fast. He rushed outside and growled,"What are you here for?"

A snarl ripped from my chest,"Why?!"

"Why what?!"

I growled," Why wasn't Rachel enough? Why? Why did you have to have Cayenne too?" His eyes widened in recongnition then narrowed in distaste.

"Why does it matter?! She is yours now. Isn't that what you wanted? I'm not quite sure you are the one who should be complaining."

I could feel the anger building inside of me. He was gonna pay.

"That's not the point! She was never yours to take! You had Rachel and you took Cayenne from me. She will never be mine!"

He growled and I knew he was just as angry as I was.

"I don't have anyone right now!",he growled. The girl flinched. "And stop talking about Cayenne like she is an object! You can't own her like a trophy you possesive asshole! I never took her. I just gave her what she wanted."

I snarled and inched forward. I was going to hurt him. Severely.

"You don't understand! How could you? You weren't there for the nightmares! When she screamed for hours before breaking down and calling out for you. Not me. You! I was there! You weren't! But you were the one she wanted." Tears welled up in my eyes but i blinked them away and growled.

He took a step forward in anger," Its not my fault that I wasn't here. But I was there when we were freezing to death under a bridge! I was there when she was starving and I was the one who stole to feed her! I was the one who anchored her to sanity during thuderstorms! I was there! Where were you?"

I snarled,"I didn't know her back there. I couldn't be there for her!"

He grinned cruely,"Well I guess that's the reason she was calling my name instead of yours."

That was it!!! I lunged for him.

*Cameron's POV*

I was going to beat his ass.

His shoulder slammed into my stomach and I huffed as he drove me backwards a few steps. But I had the strength. I brought knee up into his stomach and slammed my elbow down onto his back, driving him to the ground.

I laughed and danced away. I called tauntingly," Is that all you got, pretty boy?"

He snarled and rushed for me again. He was too mad. An easy target. I side stepped at the last second and swung my forearm into his chest and neck, effectively clotheslining him.

He did a completely backflip and hit the ground hard. He stood up coughing.

This time I came for him and swung my right fist accurately into his gut, causing him to double over. He recovered quickly. Just into time time to greet my left hook. Blood and saliva sprayed from his mouth as my fist connected. Good.

I followed up with a another jab to his mouth. I snarled and started pummeling him with inhuman speed. He started to stumble indicating that he was going down. That was no good. I wasn't done with him yet.

My left hand flashed out and grabbed his shirt collar. I held him up and slammed my right fist into his face again and again. I felt his jaw break and his nose crack. I was just about to hit him again when Sydney screamed.

I dropped Jack who collasped in a bloody mess. Sydney was trapped under a big black wolf.

*Unknown POV*

I looked at the Alpha, who stood tall and triumphant over the other boy, laying angry on the ground, wounds already starting to heal. I clicked my tongue in reprimand and forced myself into the Alpha's mind. "You should know better than to leave a pretty girl alone Alpha. They get in trouble really quickly." I lowered my muzzle and touched my nose to hers.

She squirmed and whimpered underneath my paws. I grinned, "You're not going anywhere."

He growled and shifted into a huge black wolf with power in his shoulders and under his pelt. "You have my attention sir. Now let her go."

I chuckled quietly. "Sir? Formality never saves lives, Alpha. Only begging and pleading, half the time those don't work either."

He growled. "What do you want? You wouldn't be threatening anybody if you didnt want something."

I grinned. "When I have my nightcrawler, and you are on my side, you will know what I want."

He shook his head. "What are you talking about?"

I released the girl with disgust. "You had such potential with the nightcrawler. You should have stuck with her. Join me now and I may forgive you."

The Alpha snarled. "You're delusional. What are you talking about?"

I smiled, pushing her back to her Alpha. "You should have stayed with your previous female." I inhaled through my nose and smiled. "Her scent is still on you. She's the kind I need. Both of you are."

The Alpha jumped at me, teeth bared. i rolled my eyes and pinned him to the ground, shaking him hard enough to stun him, but not to hurt him. I needed him for my army. I turned away and kicked dirt over him muzzle. "I'll get what I want. Be aware." I turned and ran confidently into the shadows, pulling them around me like a cloak, vanishing into them, blending and mixing until I was one of their own.

*Jack's POV*

I snarled at Cam lay stunned on the ground. I walked up to him, pressing my paws to his chest, snarling in his face. "This isn't over."

He growled. "It's over because I say it's over."

I just turned tail and ran. I didnt have to deal with his bullshit anymore. Maybe Cayenne was right about leaving...