Chapter One- Skating with Sydney

*A/N* Hey you guys...I need a book cover for my story. If you guys could help me find one, you'd get a dedication on the the next chappy. Just putting it out there. Enjoy. Peace Off! :) *A/N*

*Cameron's POV*

*two years after the battle against Mike*

The last two years have been...complicated. Let me explain.

When Mike and I got to Asheville two years ago, I made a beeline for my parents house, only to find out that they had divorced shortly after my departure. I knew better than to be sad. My old neighbors, who had been suprisingly happy to see me, said that my mom had started tutoring rich kids with rich parents. Life had drastically taken a turn for the better, and so she had moved into a large house on the opposite end of the city.

I was scared out of my mind when I knocked on her door later that afternoon. I could tell that she didn't expect to see her son when she opened that door...

*two years ago, Cameron's mom's house*

Mike made an impatient noise to my left, "You sure this is the place kid?"

I turned to him and shrugged, "Debbie said this was the place." He nodded. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. A cute girl came to the door and smiled. She had to be at least 17. Like me. It was kind of comforting.

She looked me up and down and asked politely,"And you would beee...?"

I smiled," My name Is Cameron. Im looking for Mrs. Robinson". The girl's eyes widened and she went running into the house. Seconds later my mom appeared in the doorway. Tears instantly twinkled in her eyes as she processed the image in front of her.

My throat tightened as I choked up a little before pushing the words past the lump in my throat," Hey there mom. I've come home..."

No sooner had the words come out of my mouth, I was in a tight but pleasantly warm hug. I felt hot tears on my shirt as she cried.

She kept crying but I couldn't tell whether or not they of sadness or joy. Maybe both. She sniffed, "I'm so sorry Cameron. I treated you like a monster. I wasn't thinking. But you aren't a monster. You're my son and you will always be my son."

I rubbed her back consolingly,"I know mom. I know."

She took us inside and Mike and explained what had happened. She made comments about Rachel and I, which made me wince, before she knew what happened like, "Oh I wished you would've waited." Or "She sounds nice, where is she." She instantly regretted them when I told them about the battle. She glared at Mike. And I could tell she wanted to slap him for what he did to Rachel. For what he did to me. But she didn't.

The girl came back in when we finished talking about the classified stuff. She introduced herself as Sydney...

*two years later, My room*

And that brings us back to now. Sydney turned out to be a girl that my mom tutored on a regular basis. We became quick friends. I'm about to finish senior year at the local highschool. According to Sid I was the topic of many conversations in the girl's lockeroom these days. Apparently because prom was coming up and they want to know who I was going to ask.

I wasn't going to go at all. It was overated. But my mom was like," No Cameron. You're going to Prom. Take Sydney. Take someone. But you are going. You'll love it. Trust me."

So. I was going. I was planning on asking Sydney. She was the only girl I really talked to. Normally the captain of the football team went out the the captain of the cheerleading squad, but Shelly was a complete bitch. According to Sid, Shelly and half of the girls in the school were crushing on me.