Chapter Seven - Thunder Roar and Lightning Crackle

*A/N* Alright, my minions. I'm tired of this book not having a cover. Anyone who can have one done and submitted to either my inbox or Caymontheawsome's will get a dedication in the next chapter when we post it. Capiche? Thank you :)

~DeathoftheShadows *A/N*

*Sydneys POV*

Everything was alien and strange. Lines and edges sharpened, colours grew brighter, scents grew stronger and I could hear.... Good God I could hear EVERYTHING. I could hear the static building in the clouds above as the storm grew stronger, I could hear mice rustling in the grass as they dove for their burrows, sheltering themselves from the rain.

I picked out a blur of darkness where there should have been light and I ran after it, my mind giving way to that of the huntress and her prey, stalking this spot of shadow through the forest. In a clearing, it stopped to catch its breath and I pulled up beside it. We locked eyes and I froze. It's eyes were the same shade of chocolate brown that I knew from Cameron.

There was a voice that fell heavy on my ears. "Sydney?"

I tried to reply, but all of my words came out as a soft howl.

The voice chuckled. "Just think what you want to say Sid. I will hear you.

"Cameron? I'm a wolf..."

The black wolf stepped toward me and gently touched his nose to mine. It felt like I was kissing him. "It's hard to explain. It's just something you're born with."

Thunder roared over our heads. He murmured. "We really should get out of the rain."

I nodded. "Alright."

*Jack's POV*

We all returned to the house after the game. After our disastrous meeting with Cameron and Cayenne had ran after him.

It was dark outside now. And it was starting to thunderstorm. Cayenne would be terrified out in the rain. I lay back in our bed. I could officially call it that now. Now she was mine. And I was hers. We shared a bond so deep and so sacred, few could ever truly comprehend it.

And there was only one way we could truly bind to each other.

A dark grey wolf, soaked to her bones, trotted through the door, whimpering with fear.

I scratched her ears in reassurance, trying to calm her. She shifted into my mate, who was shaking with fear. I pulled her close, reveling in how she had changed since I first met her. Her hair was longer now, and curly, her figure was modest, but curvy and her eyes... They were beautiful eyes. One the colour of leaves, the other the colour of the sky on a clear day. I looked deeply into them, wiping a smear of mud from her cheek. "You're tired and tense. May I rub your shoulders?"

She nodded in relief, tensing even further as thunder rang over our heads. I lay her face down on the bed and slowly rubbed her shoulders. I leaned down to whisper in her ear, slow and seductive like I had wanted to for years. "Take off your shirt sweetheart. I can't rub properly."

She smirked. "You do it Romeo. I know what you're thinking about. Be my mate."

I shuddered. "Are you sure?"

Cayenne looked at me over her left shoulder. She arched her spine and I felt her muscles roll beneath my hand. "Be my mate."

I flipped her over and tore her shirt off, givIng way to the wolf, the agression, the need for dominance. I kissed her, hot and passionate, gently worming myway out of my own shirt. She flipped us over again, so she was on top. My hands moved from her hips to the small of her back, then up to between her shoulders, where a clasp hid her from my sights.

She got her hands between my pants and my boxers, pulling them off. I did the same for her, and once again I recognized Rachel's ingenuity for making Cayenne buy lingerie. I kissed her all over, her shoulders, neck and ears, then kissed my way down her abdomen, coming to a stop where I seized the waistband of her panties in my teeth and tore the lace of those and the bra away, so she lay pure and pristine before me. I began to kiss her inner thighs, which made her shudder and breathe raggedly.

I murmured. "I'll make your first time special Cayenne. I promise."

She froze and went rigid under my hands.

I growled. "This isn't your first time - is it?"

"No..."

"Who was it?! Don't lie to me!"

Her eyes turned dark and she swallowed nervously. That was not her. She was comfortable and confident.

I growled. "Cameron did this to you. Didn't he?" She stuttered nervously and I shook her shoulders. "Didn't he?!"

She started to cry and that was enough of an answer for me. I shifted and my mind drew a picture of her andCameron. Together. I jumped through the window, unperturbed by the shattering glass and took off into the night.

He was a dead man. Cayenne was MINE.

*Unknown POV*

I watched him stop in the clearing and wait. There was no doubt in my mind that this was an Alpha. His shoulders were broad, his coat thick and shiny, his eyes sparkling in the moonlight that managed to shine through the storm clouds.

I smiled, feeling the power that Infused him and spread around him like an aura, a sort of glow that shone harsh and gold against my retinas. A smaller wolf stepped through the brush, her coat a sandy shade that darkened to black on her spine and tail. I felt myself growl. She had barely any glow. That had not been what I was promised. I was promised two capable warriors, one who was a straightforward charger, the other a night crawler. This sandy wolf was nothing. Never been in a fight, never taken a life.

I turned to my right and snarled at a small, cream colored wolf with darker paws. "Abel. Where is my nightcrawler?!"

Abel cowered. "She was with him the last time I saw her. Physically with him. Unless she's dead - which she isn't - I don't know what he's doing..."

I growled. "I don't care about the charger. Where is my nightcrawler?! You promised me a nightcrawler!!!"

Abel cowered. "They should have come together. I don't know..."

I growled and sank my teeth into his throat. "Where is my night crawler?!"

Abel squirmed at the pressure on his jugular increased drastically. "Forgive me... I..." He began to choke, "Sir! Please!"

My voice deepened into a snarl of malice, vibrating with irritation. "I will have the twins and the couple that disabled the Greater Pack on the Eastern seaboard. I have the Alpha in my grasp. Where is the Beta? WHERE IS MY NIGHTCRAWLER?!"

Thunder rumbled over my head and lightning flashed down onto the mountainpeak behind us. Abel let out a cry of agony as my jaws snapped shut on Abel's neck squeezing the life out of him.

I stood on the top of the ridge and shifted, blood staining the front of my white shirt red, looking down on the two wolves in the clearing. Three flashes of lightning silhouetted my form against the ridge.

The first flash I was a tall, solitary figure, blood dripping steadily off my fingertips, dyed silver by electricity.

The second I was a huge black wolf with its claws out and teeth bared in a snarl of menace.

By the third time the lightning flashed, I was gone.