CHAPTER 13

*Gerard pov*

     I woke up to hear my alarm clock going off. It was only 7:30. I picked up my phone and looked at the date. December 23. Two days before christmas. Great I have no family. My dad and Mikey are dead. Mom's gone off somewhere with some guy. I won't get no presents. I'll  just stay in my room all day.  I got up and threw on my normal clothes, which consists of skinny jeans and a sweatshirt. I ran downstairs and went to the kitchen. Mrs. Hide was there cooking. She looked at me and said, "Do you want breakfast? I'm making it for the others. Also we leave at 8:15 for you appointment so don't go to far."

     I shook my head no to the food and grabbed an apple from the counter. Mrs. Hife looked at me, then went back to cooking. I pulled out a stool at the island and sat down. I started to eat my apple as she finished breakfast for everyone. She carried the plate out and sat it on the dining table. She then went and called up the steps. "Breakfast is ready guys."

     I heard multiple doors open, then 6 kids came down the steps. One of them was Bob. He looked over at me and smiled. I looked at him, then I got off of the stool. I threw the apple core away and grabbed Mrs. Hifes keys off the counter. I walked outside and got shot with cold air. I felt very nice on my skin. I walked over to the car and one of Mikey's favorite songs came on. I pulled out my wallet and looked at our pictures. Who would have expected to hit him in a school zone. I started to cry. Mrs. hife walked out the front door and saw me crying. She ran over and opened the door. She saw my picture of Mikey in my wallet and said, "Did you remember something about Mikey? Is it the radio?"

     I shook my head yes. She shut off the radio and hugged me. She then walked around and got in. I wiped my eyes and put my wallet away. She put the car in reverse and backed out of the drive way. Once we got off the property, she drove to Mr. And Mr. Dun-joseph's office. They had got married in November but they just got their last names changed.

We pulled into the parking lot and i got out slowly. Mrs. Hife opened the door and we walked into their office. Mr. Dun saw how red my eyes were and ran up to me. "What's wrong?"

     "He was reminded of his brother and broke down in the car. - said Mrs. Hife. 

     He said ok and led me to his office. Mr. Joseph was sitting at his desk waiting for us to come in. Once he saw us, he grabbed a notebook. He then walked up to me and pulled up my sleeves. I tried to pull them back down but it was to late. Dr. Dun held my arm and stared down at me. I stared down at my tattered vans. He then said, " Gerard, did you do this to yourself?"

     I shook my head yes. Mr. Joseph wrote something down, then started to do their normal questions. I filled back down my sleeves and they watched me precisely. Mr. Dun then said, "Gerard do you actually want to die?"

     I looked down at my shoes again. You know you do Gerard. You've already tried once. Don't tell them though. Get up and leave. Go kill yourself. I looked back up at them, then shrugged my shoulders. Mr. Joseph wrote something down again, then we continued.

      When we were done we walked out of their office. I pulled out my phone and opened my notes app. On it I wrote.

      I'm going on a walk. I'll walk back to the house.