Chapter 20: Hail the Queen

Start from the beginning

I changed into the clothes they provided me. Just regular blue jeans and a black long-sleeve shirt. I heard the door open again as footsteps neared my cell. I knew she wasn't giving me a choice, it was wise to play along. Until I could escape somehow, I knew this kidnapping would not be as friendly as the first.

The cell door opened and I took a step out cautiously. Queen Amelia held a sly smile while boring her dark blue eyes into my soul. The hair on my arm stood on end, I glanced down, avoiding the creepy feelings her and this place were giving me.

"Now come child," taking me by surprise as she said it softly, almost motherly.

I knew there was a monster in disguise. I followed her as a man stayed on each side of me and one behind me like I was a prisoner without chains. As I walked down the long hall of cells, I tried searching for Ryuu, but each cell was empty or too dark to see anything.

We exited and walked up some stairs that lead to another hallway and we passed through some doorways. After a while, we finally turned into a room that was ginormous and held several tables long enough to fit at least 80 people at each one. One table was laid out perpendicular to the rest as it sat in the front of what looked like a throne. We took our seats at that table, right in the center. Queen Amelia gestured for me to sit beside her, I sat as my body trembled with fear.

Rose was already seated on her other side. She was very quiet, never said a word. The guards placed themselves at the end of the table, standing there like stoned statures. Food was being placed everywhere while crowds of people filled the room sitting at the other tables. Looking up at Queen Amelia, she held a smile as she looked out towards the crowd.

"Queen Amelia, when is a good time for questions?" I asked sheepishly, part of me was terrified of her and the other part wasn't. If she really wanted me dead, wouldn't I be dead already? She turned to look at me.

"My dear child now is a good time since it is busy for a few minutes," her voice was motherly again.

"When I was at Nishiba, they said you killed my mother..." I trailed off, uncertain if I just angered her, but I wanted to know.

"Heh," she scoffed. "They wish I did, but my sweet child, they didn't want you to know the whole truth because it scares them."

"What is the truth?" I asked shakily.

"I am the daughter of the Nishiba Queens witch coven, and I was most certainly betrayed by your father but that was with Rose's mother. A woman from one of the Nishiba's wolf packs. No more than a peasant." She spat, her eyes seemed to grow darker. She took a deep breath and the darkness faded.

"Rose's mother did die, but it wasn't from my doing. I did exile your father, but Rose is still my family even if it was not my choice. So, I've taken good care of her," she smiled over at Rose.

Rose seemed to glisten at the gesture. Her hazel eyes sparkling like she was happy and actually felt loved. If I didn't know any better, I would've thought maybe Queen Amelia had a soft side.

Ding-Ding! A spoon hitting a champagne glass interrupted my thoughts. A man standing at the end of the table, looking enthusiastic. He was muscular, almost too muscular. His dark hair shone against the lighting and his eyes, they almost looked completely black if I was not mistaking. It was like everyone's eyes here were strange, except Rose's.

"I'd like to welcome our Queen Amelia! As well as her daughters, Rose and Lillith!" He gestured over to us and sat down as Queen Amelia stood. The crowd was dead silent.

"I would like to announce that my daughter Lillith is now home and she will be treated with the utmost respect." Her voice boomed across the room with authority and confidence. "I would also like to announce that we go to war soon, so keep up the training and let's eat!" Everyone began cheering then diving into their food, almost savage like.

"When you are finished eating Lillith, Ryuu will show you to your room while I go take care of some business." Queen Amelia gestured beside me. My heart began racing. Ryuu? I slowly looked over my shoulder with my gaze averted. I saw black male dress shoes, and I looked up to see those green familiar eyes. Ryuu.

"Hello again, Princess Lillith," his words echoed through my head.

I felt overwhelmed. He wasn't panicked or scared. He smiled down to me nonchalantly. Was he working with Queen Amelia this whole time?

Anything I should add or change? Please let me know as feedback is the best way I can improve the story!

What do you think Lillith will do?

Do you think Queen Amelia has a soft side?

Thank you for reading!

xoxoxo