eighteen

*khalid playing quietly in the distance* *five seconds of summer playing quietly in the distance* *one direction playing quietly in the distance*

♦︎

I laid in Allie's lap as she played with my golden hair, braiding it into obscure patterns. "When you're done here, I promise you'll look like a pretty pretty princess," she said with a giggle.

I rolled my eyes, "Why the fuck did I agree to this?"

"Well my darling Jessica," she began in a fancy accent, "you can't be a edgy punk rocker all the time!"

Allie knew for a fact that she was just as much, if not more, of an angsty punk rock teen than I was. She always wore band t shirts and wore her black ray bands, looking all cool.

Allie had always been gorgeous, she was by far the pretty friend. Her chocolate brown eyes were absolutely gorgeous, her perfectly arched eyebrows raising whenever something suspicious happened. Allie was a badass in its most pure form. We were, in fact, friends for a reason.

"I'll have you know I'm perfectly content being an edgy punk rocker all the time, Allison!" I dragged out the end over her name just as she had done with mine and chuckled as she sat me up and moved over towards my exotic eyeshadow palettes.

My mother seemed to really think I needed makeup, because she bought me a lot. Most of it was high end and brightly colored. Maybe she just didn't like my face.

Allie reached in and grabbed the most pink eye shadow I had ever seen, smudging it onto my face. She was a barrel full of giggles, painting all sorts of bright colors onto my face.

Allie stood up abruptly, "I'm going to go get one of your mom's fancy dresses." She whirled around, but turned back quickly. "Jessica May Asher if you fucking dare look at yourself in the mirror, I swear I am going to call up Richie Tozier and tell him you have wet dreams about him every night."

I laughed openly at Allie's comment, "yeah right after I tell Ashton you want him to smash you from the back and call you babygirl."

Allie smirked and turned away once again, "I'm pretty sure Ashton already knows that, and you never denied having wet dreams about Richie."

I matched allie's expression. She didn't know I liked Richie, so there wasn't a point of giving her the satisfaction of saying it.

"I have partaken in no such wet dreams," I said suspiciously. Allie scoffed at me.

"Whatever you say."

Allie reappeared holding a horrible, frilly dress that belonged to my mother. It was a hideous shade of browning pink and had ruffles in every place a ruffle could possibly be.

With a smile on her face and a giggle escaping her lips, she handed the dress over to me, motioning for me to put it on. I rolled my eyes and huffed as I pulled off my shirt and tugged down my shorts, slipping into the hideous dress. It itched. Bad.

Allie laughed at me as she turned me around to look at myself in the mirror. I whirled back around and slapped her in the arm, "you're such a douche bag, Allison Gold! This is why you only have one friend!"

She laughed harder as I turned back around to look at the terrible makeup she had given me. There were colorful smudges all over my face. I looked like a toddler had gotten into her mother's makeup collection.

I guessed it was my fault for agreeing to let Allie 'play beauty shop' with me. She said it would be fun, like we were little girls playing dress up.

I had to admit, I did look pretty funny. If only I looked less like a clown, I would have let out more than a smile and a little laugh.