two

♦︎ Richie ♦︎

Eddie and I sat at his house, and I pretended to listen to him ramble about his shit. Usually I'd be up for making fun of Eddie, but tonight wasn't the night.

"Richie!" Eddie snapped me out of my thoughts.

"What."

"What're you thinking about?"

I clenched my fist, "Nothing. Keep talking."

Jessie Asher. That's who I was thinking about. The fucking nerve! Push me out of my thinking tree! I was having a perfectly good time until her cute little ass had to come along and push me out of the fucking tree!

Eddie let it go and continued talking about his shit. I continued to pretend to listen.

Who the fuck did she think she was? She had fire, and if she was fiery in bed I would totally be into it. But unfortunately, she was just fucking annoying. I had almost every class with her, and she ceased to amaze me with how inconsiderate her mouth was!

She didn't talk much in class. She was always too busy pretending to be cool. But when she did talk, it was a snide little remark about someone. They were never even funny remarks!

Fuck her.

She could go to hell.

Fucking forcing me out of my fucking tree!

I looked out the window of Eddie's house, and - of course - there she was. Walking with her friend, Allie. A huge smile was plastered on her face as she laughed about something.

Rage boiled inside of me.

"I've gotta go, Eddie," I said, still looking out the window.

"But what do I do about Brandy!?" he wined.

"Just fuck her or some shit!" I called as I ran out to catch up to Jessie and Allie on the street.

♦︎ Jessie ♦︎

"Wake up, Jessie!" Allie shook me, trying to wake me out of my sleep.

I slapped her head as if she were an alarm clock. She groaned, rubbing her head in pain.

"Shut the fuck up, Allie. Let me fucking sleep."

"It's two in the afternoon, Jessie!" Allie protested, trying to drag me out of bed once more.

I rolled my eyes and stood up slumpily, "are you fucking happy now, ass hole?"

Allie smiled brightly at me, "actually, yes! I am."

I scoffed and opened my bedroom door, heading downstairs.

"Are you coming?" I snapped back to Allie. She nodded, following me down the large stairwell of my house.

My mother was in the kitchen, making something for dinner. She had her makeup done nicely and a pretty dress on. She always dressed well. Even when she had nothing to dress well for.

"Good morning, girls!" she said in a sweet voice. She was a sweet woman, and sweet women always used their sweet voices. I don't know how I came from her. She was so traditional and courteous, and I was basically the opposite: a raging modern feminist who couldn't keep my damn mouth closed.