"Hunt me, big bad wolf"

❝  maybe i should let her go but only when she loves me ❞

Killpop by Slipknot

The day dawned lazily, some sunshine risked penetrating the Kattegat pitch as the winds played around invading the cracks in doors and windows, making its way naturally, just as Vali had created. Eileen was lying on the bed as the brightness of the day scared the dark night of her vast room, making her wake up involuntarily since her body was accustomed to rise at that hour.

"Damn, how does it hurt" she mumbled, remembering the recent extravagances, feeling her head seemed to explode just by the sound of the rocking sea, just to remember what she had done last night was enough to take all of Eileen's courage to appear in the village again. But she had things to do so she left the bed heavily and filled her chest with courage, knew she would need it if she saw, for example, Ubbe with all his beauty on the street.

Ubbe had woken up early to do some things in the smithy, although he was also pained by the exact points the woman struck, he felt he could handle the service and occupy his mind since he had been up all night. The wolf couldn't sleep properly, Eileen's words hammered in his mind and the pains in his body were bothering him, and whenever he could fall asleep, the scene of her tear-streaked vision was invading the dream and making him remember that the little crow she was a beautiful delicate woman.

Bjorn had spent the whole morning teasing Ubbe with his brothers, which made the man uncomfortable much of the time, trying to find the beautiful curves of her among the people walking around. "Do not give in, Ubbe" he thought to himself but Ironside wouldn't leave him until he answered so he decided to give it a chance.

"I told you we are friends" Ubbe said as he stroked the blade of an ax "Either we were. Why curiosity?"
"Eileen does not make the friendly type, brother" Bjorn remarked as he dug something into the wood.
"Yeah" Ubbe pointed to the bruises on his face "I saw that yesterday"
"You need to learn how to talk to her"
"Well, after yesterday I'm pretty sure she will not want to talk to me any more"
"Give Eileen some time, then she'll look for you"
"She said it was my fault" Ubbe stopped grinding the blade of the ax, looking at Bjorn "According to her I disturbed the peace of her life"
"Eileen cares about you, I noticed the way she looked at you at the feast. But Ubbe"
"Yes?"
"If you break that lovely crow's heart" Bjorn pointed the ax at him "I'm going to hunt you down and I'll kill you, brother"
"Eileen almost killed me!" Ubbe laughed nervously "And you're still worried about her heart?"
"She's innocent, Ubbe" Bjorn said. "And we both know why you're approaching her so yes, if you hurt my best shieldmaiden, I'll kill you."