through the gates of life

"What if you don't"

"I know I can... I have to... For someone special."

The midwife looks at me surprised but her face soon changes into a soft and caring one.

"Your father would be proud, to see his little girl all grown up."

"Yeah the little girl he kept secrets from"

"Your father and mother did what was best to keep the village, the people, and most of all you safe."

"They tried to cover up my powers, yet im still fighting to find them...I...I-I..."
You began to tear up she didnt know what to do with her self.

"I-I... I just want to find them and everything seems to he going so wrong i need to see them again"

Meanwhile out side

"Hey you old hag let us in!"
Robin says as he continueously hits the door

After a few more attempts he finally turns his back to the door, sits and leans agenst it.

"(Sigh) its no use we'll... We'll never get in."

"Hey Dude its ok im sure (y/n)'ll be out in a bit don't worry."
Cyborg says in an attempt to calm his friend

" 'Dont worry' easy for you to say, at least you'd be able to...(whispered- protect the person you love)"

Before cyborg could get a chance to respond the midwifes door flew open and robins head went crashing down onto the floor behind him.

Your caring hand was soon cradleing robins head.

From that view you looked like a goddess to him. A wonderful, beatiful, beyond compare goddess, one that he could never share. For a moment...time, just, stoped. You both stared into each others eyes knowing that they had to keep fighting, they had to keep going; not just for yourselves, but for each other. For the love you each shared.

You cleared your throat and began to speak

"I have decide on going through the gates of life but it's a dangerous task and I'll need someone to accompany me."

You looked at robin but knew you could never put his life in danger for you could never forgive y9urself if you did. Then you looked over the group and saw starfire sitting besides a tree contemplating, deep in thought.

Robin began walking towards you thinking he had already known what you were going to say. You walked past robin completely ignoring him and looked at starfire who didn't even know what had been going on she was in her own little world, somewhere... Distant...far away and... FREE. For a second you didnt even want to bother her she seemed contentet and untouched by the things that have happened so far. In truth you envied star for being able to be so damn calm in a time like this.

You stuck your arm out and taped star on her sholder.

"Star... I know we have our differences but... I need your help. I need you to go through the gates of life with me and help me get back male.carloto's spirit."

For a second star looked taken back but she saw something in your eyes. She saw your will to fight and she knew that you needed her. So she put your differences aside.

"Y-yeah... I'll... Help you."

After this you and starfire traveld through the gates with the help of the midwife. But did you really make a good decisions by leaving robin behind. The next chapter "Regret".