A Bit Unexpected

*As promised, here's a second update for the week. ;) Hope you enjoy!

The amount of things Genji doesn't know about honestly astonishes me. Fair enough that he isn't aware of my dragons, but to not know his own dragon's purpose. Ah, perhaps he just hasn't found it yet...

Over several bowls of ramen, I explain everything to the best of my ability. He listens intently to everything I have to say with a serious expression that doesn't really suit him.

"I-...I really am not sure why your family has not told you about us, Genji-san. Especially since they've been-..." I stop myself and trail off. Maybe he doesn't need to know about that yet. Perhaps it's best that he stays ignorant to the fact that his family burned my village's most sacred temple; it may make me seem like an enemy.

"...They've been what?" He looks up from his ramen.

"Ah, well. They've been...trying to contact me." That isn't entirely untrue.

He frowns,"Probably to use you in some way." His tone is dark as he pushes his bowl away, seeming as though the thought of it ruined his appetite.

Interesting.

"...If you don't mind, tell me about your family, Genji-san. I don't mean to offend you, but I have been raised to believe the Shimada are criminals who turned on tradition." I pause as he looks up at me. "But...you don't seem to fit that description."

Genji looks away again, as if ashamed. "Yeah, well. I-"

Before he can finish, the door to the ramen shop bursts open. Hanzo Shimada marches in and stomps straight over to our table. It's like I'm having deja vu.

"Why is it I always find you here?" He grumbles, glaring daggers down at Genji. "And with another woman?" His glare turns to me.

I return his glare with one of my own.

Genji sighs, looking defeated. "What do you want, brother?"

"You know you are late for training," his words are a harsh growl as he reaches out and grabs Genji's arm to pull him out of the seat.

I am not sure what possesses me to do so, but on an impulse, my arm shoots out and I tightly grasp Hanzo's wrist, effectively stopping him. I glare at him, the power of the Western dragon coursing through my veins.

Both brothers look to me in surprise.

"That's quite enough," I stand, my grip on Hanzo's wrist still tight, pulling his arm away from Genji's. He seems too shocked to try to pull from me just yet.

"(Y/N)-...what are you doing?" Genji finds his voice first.

"I'll let you know when I figure that out myself, Genji-San." Honestly, What am I doing? This isn't like me at all. This isn't my business...is it?

"Who are you?" Hanzo snaps at me.

"(Y/N) (L/N)." I answer curtly.

Hanzo's eyes widen in realization. It would appear he knows more than Genji does.

I look around to see everyone in the ramen shop staring at us. "We'll talk outside."

I abruptly release Hanzo's wrist and make my way out, the two following behind in a stupor.

I duck in the alley next to the ramen shop where we can speak in private.