Prolouge

Back when my younger sister was born twenty-two years ago I thought there was something strange about her. I now know for a fact that I was absolutely correct. You see my little sis' has a knack for getting into the weirdest of situations and managing to get me involved somehow.

There was this one time, back in high school, there was this bully. Now, he had never bothered either of us but one day, Sis' saw them bullying a younger student so she stood up for that kid. The bully immediately switched targets to her, ensuing a chase that would lead to the courtyard where some words were thrown around and Sis' ended up punching the bully in the face. At that exact moment a teacher happened to be walking in the hallways of the school, saw this and put Sis', the bully, and myself, who had followed in order to make sure nothing too bad happened, in detention for a week.

On the final day of detention we were walking home and a baby bird fell out of it's nest, after much guilt-tripping on my sister's behalf we went to help put the chick back in it's nest. It was at this very moment the bird's mother, an abnormally large buzzard swooped down at me, thinking I was hurting it's baby, and chased me for at least three blocks even after I put the chick down. By this point I was thoroughly lost and had to wait for our parents to pick me up. Needless to say I never lived that one down.

As my sister is a living jinx I've gained a habit of always keeping her in sight or in arm's length. Trouble always seemed to come like an earthquake for us. Things seemed are peaceful on the outside, but and then it pressure is building up until everything gives way, everything happens so quickly it's hard to process what's going on and then it's gone and the cycle starts all over again. It's not to say that I dislike my sister, quite the opposite. We're insuperable, always have been. Heck, even now we live in the same apartment and work on different floors of the same building. We're the closest siblings ever and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Then, it happened, we were on our way back to our apartment Sis's phone started to buzz. "You should probably get that." I said, looking up at the signal board 'The train's gonna be delayed for a few more minutes.'

"Oh, it's from the new messenger app I downloaded." I immediately paused.

"Who is it? It is someone you know is it someone I know? Where do they live? Do I need to talk to this person?"

"No, shut up" I got pushed away when I tried checking the phone.

"But Jay-"

"No Blue."

"Fine, but if it's another pedophile-"

"That was one time."

"Once is more than enough!"

Jay pouted at me and I pouted right back, she ignored me and went back to her phone. After a few minutes she turned to me and said "Blue we have to go to this address" she showed me a message on her phone with an address of a house in a community in the opposite direction of our house.

"Jay this sounds like the set up for a missing persons case."

"Too bad we're doing this." My sister then dragged me off to another platform just as our train pulled in.

"But Jay, we have to get home."

"That can wait."

"But Jay, the next train's in two hours."

"Then we have time." I was hauled into another train.

"But there's ice cream at home Jay, ice cream!"

"You can have it later."

"And I have work in fourty minutes."

"Then call in sick."