Chapter 10 - I Love You

Start from the beginning

She was a little sad when the rink melted away, but then said that she'd get a better one next year. I tried to tell her that this wasn't Equestria, and things don't go their way here, so she didn't need to 'help wrap up winter', but Pinkie would have none of it.

Pinkie's also been learning how to read, did I mention? And draw, too. She's very good at it, might I add.

Today at breakfast, I was eating my regular Weetbix cereal with sugar on top, busily typing away at my laptop, when Pinkie comes in. "Um... I was just wondering," she murmured, "What should I call you?"
I stopped typing and looked at Pinkie. "I mean, you call me Pinkie, but that's cuz that's my name... do I call you mommy?"

"Well..." I trail off, thinking about it. Am I really a mom? "I guess you're right," I answer with a quick shrug of the shoulders.

"Good. I like calling you mommy. Wanna know why?" Pinkie asked, bouncing over to be and leaping into my lap.

"Yes, why?"

"Because you're my mommy!" She exclaimed, pulling me into a tight hug.

I'm someone's mommy... I'm someone's mommy!

Oh, no. No no no. This is bad, very bad, I can't be her mother, I'm not the right person for the job, heck, I'm not even a pony! I'd be a terrible mother, I'd probably end up like my own crappy mom. Then it makes me think of something. They're going to come and take Pinkie away. Princess Celestia and the other mane six.

They're going to take her away, it's only a matter of time. But I've grown very fond of Pinkie, actually. Maybe I could learn from my own mom's mistakes, and be there for Pinkie when she needs me.

No, I can't. I won't be there when she needs me. When they take her away, I'll never see her again... the thought of that cuts through me like a hot knife through butter.

Snap out of it! This is not a fanfiction, this is real life.

"Mom, you okay?" Pinkie asks me, ripping me from my thoughts.

"I... I was just thinking about going to BronyCon," I reply to her, seeing her worried expression.

"Brunicorn? What's that?" Pinkie asks curiously.

I shake my head and chuckle. "No, BronyCon. It's where the fans of My Little Pony gather and dress up and sing songs and have fun."

Pinkie gasps. "You... you mean like a party?"

"Yes," I smile, "But I'm considering not going."

"Why wouldn't you want to go to a big party?" Pinkie squealed.

"Um... well... because of you," I mutter.

"Me?"

"Yes."

"What's wrong with me?" Pinkie questioned, cocking her head to the side.

I suck in a breath. I guess it's time to tell her. But I don't wanna tell her! It'll hurt her feelings. No. I can't. I won't.

I do.

"I'm... I'm scared, Pinkie. Of what they might do to you. You see, you are a pony. But a different kind of pony. You are not like the others, you are special. You're pink. You talk. Because you are different, some people might want to find out how you work and do experiments on you and cut you open," I explain, my very own words sicken me.

"Wh... Why would anypony wanna cut me open?" Pinkie asked, her tone lowering as she sat down and put a hoof on her belly. Her hair seemed to be going back to its original straight state. "That's just mean..."

"I know, I know. But it's just the way people are. You can't change that. You can't be seen, otherwise the government will come for us..." I murmur. "Don't worry, I'll protect you. I'll always be there for you, Pinkie."

Okay, I know what I said earlier. I probably won't always be there. But I guess I'll be there for her for as long as I possibly can.

Pinkie looks up and gives me a grateful smile. She jumps up and pulls me into a hug.

"I love you, Mommy."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there, people reading!

Sorry it's short. You're lucky I updated so quickly. Hopefully, I'll give you a double update today to make up for it! Lol, no I won't, I'm too lazy.

I'm thinking about publishing chapters every Sunday/Monday/Tuesday because then I've got the whole weekend to write, and nobody messes with my writing. No. Body.

Hope y'all are enjoying the story. Remember to vote and leave a comment below. Also, are my author notes annoying you? Lol soz not soz.

Thanks for reading!

Stay happy.

~ilovepinkiepie