New Beginnings ::1::

Start from the beginning

"Obviously there will be pudding, Jake there can't be a feast without it." Gregory explained as he and Jacob entered the cart in front of Liam. Gregory Kingsleigh, a second year, was the sportiest Kingsleigh child. If there had been anyone in the entire world to know everything about both muggle and wizarding sports, Gregory knew it all. He managed to find a place on the Slytherin Quidditch team in his second year, an impressive feat for a second year. He enjoyed facing problems head on and getting through them as quickly as they could come about.

"But do you think it will be bread pudding? That's what I'm hoping it is." Jacob answered with his usual snarky attitude. Jacob Kingsleigh, the youngest, would be sorted into a house in just a few hours. Lennox could usually pick him from a crowd just by the sound of his voice. Perpetually snarky, forever sarcastic, this was the epitome of Jacob Kingsleigh. Overall, as their personalities differed, they shared one thing in common: their love of knowledge. Each Kingsleigh was as intelligent as a student could be, and had the natural knack for academics. Lennox encouraged intellectualism within her family simply because she wanted nothing but the best for their futures.

"Alright, everyone. Time to get on the carriages." Announced Liam, who filed them all out of the cart and back into the hallway of the train. They squirmed and pushed through seas of people to get their luggage to the carriage it needed to be on, and continued to the passenger carriage. Lennox let out a deep sigh as the sight of the Thestrals greeted her. She was absolutely positive she was the only person from their group that was able to see them, something that she was reminded of every time she laid eyes upon one. The entire ride up to the castle was filled with silence, for everyone had been exhausted from the train ride. They entered the Great Hall quickly, taking seats around each other at the Slytherin table. The room had been gorgeous, just as she had remembered it. The ceiling, forever bewitched to look like the midnight sky, contained floating candles that took the place of stars. For a lack of better words, she would have described the sight as 'magical.' The hustle and bustle of the Hall had come to an end as Minerva McGonnagal entered the room with a flock of nervous first year students behind her. Out of the fifty new students, fifteen had been placed into Slytherin and were welcomed warmly by other pureblood members of the house.

"What do you suppose is underneath that banner at the front?" Liam raised an eyebrow as he questioned his friend. Lennox shrugged, eyes narrowing at the object as she examined it.

"Maybe... you know what? I am not even going to guess because I have no clue." She laughed, crossing her legs underneath the table. Their headmaster, who approached the cloaked object slowly, silenced the entire room. He raised his arms, and looked out amongst the audience of students so he could make his announcement.

"This year I am very proud to announce that Hogwarts will be the host of a legendary wizarding event." He began, voice booming loudly over the crowd of students in the Hall. "This year, students from two other schools will be living amongst you... for Hogwarts has been chosen to host the Tri-Wizard Tournament." He explained, flicking his wand to reveal a large bronze goblet underneath the cloak. Blue flames began to erupt from its brim, the light from it glowing brightly upon the walls and faces of spectators. "The Tri-Wizard tournament encourages magical cooperation between wizards from all over. Therefore, it is my pleasure to introduce students from Beauxbaton Academy of Magic!" He exclaimed, gesturing to the large double doors of the Great Hall. Dozens of students entered, running down the aisles quickly in attempt to reach the front of the Hall, all wearing the same shade of blue on their lovely satin uniforms.

"Those Beaux ladies are f-i-n-e." Liam whispered into Lennox's ears, causing her to jab her elbow into his ribcage. He winced in pain immediately, clutching his side tenderly.

"I'm so glad you know how to spell, Liam." She giggled back, returning her attention to the display at the front of the room. The next group of students to be announced were from the Durmstrang Institute of Magical Learning. Truth be told, Lennox was hardly interested in any visitors, however, the thought of entering did cross her mind for a moment. Eternal Glory was something that would be pretty impressive on a job application. Everyone was silenced once more, and another man stood behind the podium to speak.

"Due to safety risks, no wizard under the age of sixteen is allowed to enter his or her name into the Goblet of Fire. No exceptions." Bartemius Crouch announced, stirring a small rebellion within the crowd of students. Anger and disbelief erupted from amongst them, but had quickly been squashed by Dumbledore's scolding. With one wave of his hand, the feast began. Liam, who had not eaten anything besides a muffin, began to quickly shovel food into his mouth. He hadn't even bothered to look at what it had been, he had been the most concerned with making sure food was put into his stomach.

"You need to slow down, or you are going to make yourself sick." She warned him, gaining an eye roll and a scoff. He reached for a piece of chicken from her plate, his hand greeted by a hard slap. She had hit him so hard his skin began to swell up and turn red. He whimpered quietly in protest, receiving a death glare from her. "Eat your own food, this plate is mine." She pulled her food closer to her, guarding it with her life. After they had all finished, they were guided into the dungeon by a Slytherin prefect. They shuffled into the common room slowly, the entire Kingsleigh family taking up the couch and chairs near the fireplace. Liam laid on his back on top of the green and silver rug, hands gently rubbing his stomach.

"I. Feel. Sick." He declared, keeping his eyes closed so that the room would not be spinning.

"I wonder why. I attempted to warn you, however, I think you were lost in the carrot cake..." She sighed, leaning back in her seat and wrapping her arms around her younger sister who had taken the seat next to her. "Jacob, I think Liam would benefit from a good punch to the stomach." She bit her lip, gesturing to her youngest brother.

"NO! No no no no NOOOO! UGH." He gasped for breath, writhing in pain from Jacob's attack. After talking for a few minutes, Lennox and Skylar jogged up to the girl's dormitory while Liam and the boys walked tiredly to the boys'. Lennox located her bed and her belongings, hopping underneath the covers and laying there in attempt to sleep. She went over her school schedule within her mind, eyes not wanting to close or to even droop. She knew very well that this night would be like every other, filled with battles of trying to fall asleep and losing them terribly. At least, for now, the only thing keeping her awake was knowing that she had finally felt the most at home she had felt in months.

A/N: Alrighty, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I'll try to make them longer in the future. For now, happy reading! Cheers, xoxo

Rainbow