The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 13

Start from the beginning

"I don't believe it! Nothing's gonna change and you're all going to die!" A small voice says, and I turn around to be met with a little kid who has an apparent scowl on his face. I raise an eyebrow, curious as to what makes him think like that.

"Hey, kid! Who do you think you are?!" Naruto screeches.

"Inari! Come here, my boy!" Tazuna invites, opening his arms wide for the little boy. "Grandpa!" He shouts in glee, throwing himself into the old man's arms. A lady, who I had failed to see before, stands in the doorway with a frown.

"Inari! Don't be rude to the ninja who brought your grandfather home safely!" She scolds. Tazuna waves her off and places the kid in his lap.

"Ah, it's fine Inari, I'm rude to them too."

Inari doesn't stay planted for long, standing up and facing his mother with a pleading look on his face.

"Mom, don't you see? Gato and his men are going to come back and wipe them all out!" He says. Naruto growls and points at Inari in anger.

"What did you just say, brat?! Listen, do you know what a super ninja is? Well that's me, only a lot better, and I'm going to be Hokage! This Gato or Blato or whatever he's called is no match for me!"

Inari scoffs at him, shadows hiding his eyes.

"Heroes don't exist. You're just full of stupid ideas!" He shouts. Naruto, being who he is, gets even angrier and attempts to attack the kid, with Sakura and I both struggling to hold him back.

"What did you just say, kid?!" he demands with a raised fist. Inari turns sharply and heads out the door, stopping at the doorway.

"You and your friends should go back where you came from if you don't want to die."

Tazuna sighs at the kid with a sad glint in his eyes.

"Inari, where are you going?" he asks. Inari frowns at him.

"I'm going to sit in my room and look at the ocean. I want to be alone," he says, leaving the room. Naruto stops struggling, but starts growling. I can tell that the kid's words sparked something inside of him... Something that wanted to prove the kid wrong. To show that he isn't weak. Naruto grits his teeth, rolling up his sleeves as if he were going to punch something.

"I'm gonna teach that kid a lesson, dattebayo!" he says, stomping towards the room Inari was currently holed up in. I frown and follow after him silently, going to make sure he doesn't end up punching the kid. When I reach the top of the stares, Naruto is peeking into Inari's room with a dismal expression.

Faint crying is heard behind Inari's door, causing me to peak in as well. Inari was sitting next to his window, sobbing with a photo in his hand.

"Father..." he cries softly. Seeing this, Naruto changes his mind about yelling at the kid and stomps away. I sigh in relief and follow him, though my mind still on the fact that Inari was crying. Why would he be crying like that... Had something happened to his father?

::

"Alright, now training begins," Kakashi-sensei informs. Currently, Team 7 was standing in the middle of a forest, awaiting our instructions. Although, Kakashi-sensei was injured, so I was confused as to what he had in mind for training today.

"Sensei, what is the training going to be?! Maybe we will learn cool new jutsus, or maybe we will get really strong by punching stuff!" Naruto exclaims excitedly. I can't help but smirk at his excitement, it was pretty funny.

"Now, now, Naruto. We will be doing something every ninja must know. It is of vital importance, and after this, you'll be much stronger than you are now," Kakashi-sensei taunts. I could read between the lines, there was definitely a catch. Naruto, however, got even more excited.