The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 7

Start from the beginning

"Hell, you don't even hate the bastard, after everything he did to us! What kind of a sister are you to take his side?!" Sasuke screams manically. That was my breaking point. I burst into tears in front of him, something I've never done, causing him to stumble back a few steps with wide eyes.

"You wanna know why I do everything I do every single day of my life, Sasuke?! Huh?! It's all for YOU!" I screech, not even trying to stop the rage and pure, utter sadness flowing through my veins.

"I train for you, I work my ass off for you, I LIVE for you, Sasuke! You're all I have left!" I bawl out, dropping to my knees. Sasuke begins to move towards me, to which I flash my sharingan menacingly.

"Don't even touch me! I've been holding in all of my feelings since the day the clan died, because I didn't want to upset you! I tried my best to be by your side and give you any consolation you wanted, but apparently you don't even care about me! All you care about is killing your only brother because you're too narrow-minded to realize that something obviously happened to make him do that!" I scream, punching the ground in frustration.

Sasuke just watches in shock, never having seen me break down under any circumstances. He seems to not be able to form words, just openly gaping at my sorry state with wide eyes. Calming myself down, I wipe my tears and shakily stand up, beginning to walk to the kitchen.

"What do you want for dinner?" I ask, opening the refrigerator slowly. My hands shook violently, causing everything on the fridge door to clack together.

"Satomi, I-" Sasuke starts, stopping only when he sees the deathly glare pointed his way from me. My eyes were flashed into a sharingan once more, taking him aback.

"I said, what do you want for dinner?" I hiss. He gulps and backs away from me, a wary look in his eyes.

"O-Onigiri..." Sasuke stutters quietly. I whip back towards the fridge and take out the necessary ingredients. Working in silence, I make the onigiri effortlessly as Sasuke stares at me from across the counter.

Plating the dish, I walk it over to the table where Sasuke was already sitting, a vulnerable expression on his face.

"Eat," I instruct, sitting down across from him with my own plate. For some reason, I couldn't even look at the food without getting nauseous. Sasuke notices me staring off into space and places down his chopsticks.

"I'm sorry, Satomi," Sasuke whispers softly. My lip quivers as tears billow in my eyes, Shisui's face flashing in my mind.

"Think nothing of it. Tomorrow everything will be back to normal," I assure Sasuke, although it may be myself that I was really reassuring.

Sasuke continues to eat his onigiri, and I end up giving him my own plate before leaving Sasuke at the table and walking to my room.

"Goodnight... Sasuke," I say gently, entering my room and swiftly shutting the door. Sighing, I lean back against the door and slide down, putting my face into my hands sorrowfully.

Sobs wrack my body, and I don't even try to hide my cries from Sasuke. Being strong is hard, especially when you have no one to lean on.

::

"In this room is everybody who passed the graduation exam! I'm proud to call all of you my students and I hope that you will all become strong and successful shinobi in the future," Iruka-sensei states with pride, shuffling papers around on his clipboard.

"You will all be split off into teams of three, however there will be one team of four because of the odd number of students in the class. We will start with Team 1..." he continues, rattling off a list of names the Hokage had given him.

"Ne, Satomi-chan, think we'll be on the same team?" Naruto whispers to me. I glance at him from the corner of my eye before shrugging.

"Honestly, I have no idea. I assume that they will try to balance the skill on teams so that they are even, however they may also do it based on what occupation you are most compatible with in the shinobi field," I muse. Naruto rubs his chin in thought, presumably wondering about who he seems to be compatible with in terms of strength.

I personally thought that there was no way we would be on the same team.

I was wrong.

"Team 7! Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno, Sasuke Uchiha, and Satomi Uchiha!" Iruka-sensei shouts. Naruto groans and stands up, outraged, pointing to Sasuke accusingly.

"Iruka-sensei! Why does someone like me have to be on the same team as a slug like Sasuke!" he whines. Sasuke smirks as Iruka-sensei sighs and glances up at Naruto, unnamused.

"Sasuke had the highest marks in class, alongside Satomi, while you had the worst!" he scolds unforgivingly. Naruto slumps back into his seat with crossed arms as the class laughs at him.

Meanwhile, Sakura was squealing in delight at the fact that she managed to get on the same team as Sasuke. This team choice was odd. Our skills seemed scattered all across the board, with Sasuke and I being, most likely, the best on the team.

Sakura was mentally capable, but she lacked in the physical department. Naruto wasn't very good at anything in particular... speaking of which, how did he end up passing?

"Ne, Naruto-kun, how did you pass? I thought you didn't make it yesterday," I ask, scratching my head in confusion. Naruto grins and begins to fiddle with his headband.

"It's a long story, but basically I was able to make a lot of clones and Iruka-sensei passed me when he saw them! Pretty cool, huh, Satomi-chan?" Naruto presents proudly. I smile and nod my head encouragingly.

"Congratulations! I'm actually very pleased that we are on the same team," I admit. There was just something about Naruto that made me feel like I could trust him, and believe in him. Almost like a gut instinct.

"Thanks, Satomi-chan! I'm glad that I got you and Sakura on my team, since you're both so pretty and smart. I can't say that about Sasuke though. He's just a teme," Naruto says, crossing his arms and nodding to himself with closed eyes.

Sasuke whips his head around to glare at Naruto. Although, I can't tell if it's because he called me pretty or because he called Sasuke a teme.

"You're one to talk, dobe. I'm not the one in dead last," Sasuke retorts. Right. Not because he was feeling protective of me. It was because he was feeling protective of his ego.

He was really like otou-san in that aspect.

"Alright, all of the teams have been called! Your jounin senseis should be here soon, just sit tight and wait for them to call you," Iruka-sensei informs, "I look forward to the day when you are all accomplished shinobi."

With that, he exits with a proud smile. Sasuke, Naruto, Sakura and I sit around, waiting for our sensei. However... he's late. Really late. All of the other teams had left, leaving us to sit in the room alone for at least an hour and a half.

"I can't believe this guy! Who does he think he is?!" Naruto exclaims in outrage. I tilt my head to the side, watching Naruto place a trap above the door.

"How do you know our sensei is a guy?" I question. Naruto scrunched his face in thought before sighing.

"Call it a gut feeling, Satomi-chan. Our sensei better have a good excuse for being this damn late..." Naruto grumbles, balancing on a stool in front of the doorway. From beside me, Sasuke sighs in annoyance.

"It's not gonna work, dobe. He's a jounin, an elite shinobi. He'd have to be an idiot to fall for that," Sasuke scoffs. Mere moments later, a gloved and opens the trapped door, an eraser falling atop his silver hair pitifully.

"My first impression of you all... you're all idiots."

::