The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 5

Start from the beginning

"Yeah! We're twins, although he's a bit more... anti-social," Satomi sweat drops. Naruto grins and stands up in front of Satomi.

"Well then I guess we will have to convince him to be friends, just like we are! Right, Satomi-chan?" Naruto asks innocently. Sure, Satomi heard the rumors about Naruto, that he was a demon and a monster... but rumors are rumors. People say bad things about Itachi and Shisui, but she doesn't believe them because they aren't true. That's why they're just rumors.

"Of course! I'll tell you what, tomorrow I'll convince Sasuke-kun to hang out with us after school. How does that sound?" Satomi offers. Naruto grins widely... just like Shisui would. Thinking of him brought a somber expression to Satomi's face, one that Naruto was oblivious to. Sasuke could see it though.

"Sounds great, Satomi-chan! We should get back to class, though," he says, walking towards the academy entrance. Satomi gestures for Sasuke to follow them, to which he begrudgingly gets up, and enters class once again.

::

"Finally, class is over! I thought it would never end!" Sasuke sighs in relief, walking beside Satomi as they leave the academy along with all of the other students. Instead of walking their normal path back to the Uchiha compound, Sasuke and Satomi instead turn towards Yakiniku Q.

"Ne, Sasuke-kun, how are we gonna pay for this?" Satomi questions, scratching her head as they stand in front of the restaurant. Sasuke pats his pockets before dropping his head down.

"I don't have any money, Satomi-chan," he groans, to which Satomi sighs and turns away from the restaurant, heading instinctively towards the training grounds she would always go to with Shisui. At the thought of her old sensei, Satomi's mood darkens as she stares at the sky.

"Satomi-chan! Let's go train together!" Sasuke offers, sending a bright smile towards Satomi. She bites her lip, but nods and follows her twin towards the training grounds. Upon arriving, she looks towards the target carved into a tree, where Shisui taught her how to perfect her accuracy.

Satomi sighs sadly and drops her bag on the ground, beginning her laps around the training grounds like she did every day. Sasuke, who had never trained with Satomi and Shisui, watched on in confusion as Satomi seemed to be surprisingly fit.

"You're pretty strong, Satomi-chan!" Sasuke compliments Satomi, who was now doing push-ups. She looks up at him, a sheen of sweat beginning to form on her brow.

"While you've been at school the past three years, I've been exercising so that I wouldn't fall behind everyone else. It's a routine for me now, and I'm finally starting to see some results!" Satomi grins, performing her push-ups in sync with Sasuke, who had kneeled next to her and started his own exercises.

"That's good, Satomi-chan! We'll be stronger than onii-chan in no time!" he cheers, pushing his body up and down even faster. Satomi smirks and continues on next to her brother, getting stronger, just like Shisui would have wanted.

::

"Oh man, Satomi-chan! Otou-san is going to kill us!" Sasuke shouts, packing up his bag in the dark alongside Satomi. It had fallen into nighttime, the twins having lost track of time and forgetting to go home.

"You got that right, Sasuke-kun! Let's go!" Satomi screeches, grabbing Sasuke's arm and dragging him back to the clan compound. The night was eerily silent, a full moon cascading over the sky. Sasuke and Satomi hurry home, being careful not to stumble over each other.

Arriving at the clan gates, there were no guards, for one thing. Satomi narrows her eyes and protectively stands in front of Sasuke, who had gasped and peered inside of the compound. Dead bodies littered the grounds, not a single person left alive.