14

Keith's POV

How could he just say that? He says it like it's nothing, like it's everyday information. That bastard.

Shiro must've seen the look of pure hatred in my face, because as soon as Lance left he turned to me and said, "Keith, you need to remember that Lance is the jokester. He-"

"I don't care! He shouldn't have even said that stuff! That's just plain rude!"

"Keith, try to calm down. What he said was a little uncalled for, I'll admit it, but he has a tendency to speak without thinking."

"I know, I just-", a loud, almost unbearable screech emits through the castle. My hand instantly latch onto my ears, my fingers getting tangled in my hair. Grunts of discomfort and pain slip past my lips as my face contorts into a grimace.

A pair of strong hands grab onto my shoulders. They attempt to shake me to get my attention but it doesn't work. The person, presumably Shiro considering he's the only one in the room, picks me up and carries me out of my room. His rushed footsteps pounding against the floor get louder and louder with each passing second.

"Shiro! What's up with Keith?" a voice shouts, accompanied with more pounding footsteps.

We enter another room. "Coran, get a pod ready," Shiro's urgent voice commands. More footsteps run into the room. More voices start shouting, filling the air, getting louder. The sound of metal against metal sounds out.

"SHUT UP!" I shout. The room finally goes silent, aside from the continuous beeping from the healing pod. Shiro's voice whispers, "Forgive me Keith," before slashing a knife against my arm. I bite down on my lip to keep from making any noises of pain.

A swooshing noise indicates the pod opening. I get pushed in and the door closes. My eyes try to force themselves closed but I fight it. I feel my muscles start to get weaker and drop down to my sides. I glance up one last time to see the entire team of Voltron surrounding my pod. I close my eyes. Silence.

Lance's POV

Get out of the pod. Get out of the pod. Come on man. You can come out. It's safe out here. Okay mental reassuring dog-calls aren't working.

Everyone is crowded around the healing pod for the fifth time today. 'How long has he been in there?', you might be asking. If not, I'm telling you anyway. Three days. He's been in there for three, whole days.

"Is he gonna be okay? We kinda really need him around here," Hunk says while poking his fingers together.

"He should be quite alright in a few vargas or so," Coran answers.

"We should all go to eat and then train. We have to keep being efficient even if one of our...teammates is injured," Allura says, starting to nudge us out the door.

Oh yeah! The rest of the team that didn't know Keith is Galra found out. Allura isn't taking it too well and Hunk is still reeling from the discovery. Pidge is too, but less so since they found out before and they're better at hiding their shock.

"I will go check on when we're landing," Allura says before walking out without waiting for a response from anyone.

Oh right! We're landing on a different planet today to gather supplies and make new allies. I hope Keith will be out in time for when we land.

"Lance...Lance!" Pidge's voice yells. I look their way. "Hunk and I are gonna go train. Wanna join?"

"Sure, why not," I shrug off. The three of us head towards the door, leaving Coran and Shiro to discuss about what's happening with Keith. I glance back at Keith in the pod. The purple on his face has spread. It's almost at the edges of his face.

I hope he's not still mad. I know I said some stuff but those were just jokes! He knows I joke around! It's just to lighten the mood! I hate when everything is too serious.

I turn around and keep walking, pushing my concerns to the back of my mind.

Come out soon.