6

Keith's POV

I regret absolutely everything. This sucks. Lace is just trying to torture me. "You should pluck you eyebrows!" "You should moisturize!" "Cut your hair for once!" So many more complaints or "requests" followed. I'm done with this. So why am I still in Lance's room with a weird feeling face mask on and my hair trapped in a ponytail and under a head band? Oh that's right, because I was delirious when Lance decided to ask me.

"Can I do your hair Keith?" Allura suddenly asks.

"Uh, sure."

She smiles and sits behind me. I let her do her thing, occasionally speaking only to say 'ow' or complain about how it feels. I reach up to itch my face.

"Keith! You can touch your face mask! It'll ruin it!"

"But my face itches."

"So? Don't touch it! Beauty is pain!"

"What if I don't want beauty?"

"Everyone wants beauty."

"Just because you're so obsessed with your looks doesn't mean that everyone else is. It's kinda vain."

Lance looks appalled. "Vain?!" he shouts, he goes on to explain what's so important about doing his routine, all accompanied with wild hand gestures. "...plus my skin feels softer than yours will ever be and I count that as a win. I also just really like doing it," he finishes.

I started dosing off two minutes ago. I look up at him with my arm crossed and–with as much snark as a person could muster–say, "Are you done?"

"Yes!" he practicall- no, actually, he does shout.

"Now you realize how vain you're being, right?"

"How is wanting to look nice being vain?"

"Do you hear yourself?"

"Well, yeah but I still don't see where you're coming from."

Silence. "Seriously?" I inquire.

Allura tugs on a piece of hair on the back of my head. "Ow, are you almost done?"

"Almost, don't worry," Allura answers.

The room is engulfed in silence.

My screams pierce it.

Lance's POV

Keith starts screaming. I don't know why, he just does. Allura jumps back, completely forgetting about his hair I suppose. We both stare at Keith, he has his hands clasped over his ears.

"Keith...Keith! Keith, what's wrong?" Allura tries. His screams only grow louder. "I'll get the others, you take him to the Medical Bay. I knew he didn't seem right."

"Yes Princess." She rushes out of the room as I pick up Keith. He tries to push me away only for me to hold him tighter. This is like his first episode. The "migraine". Migraine my quiznack.

When we get to the Med-Bay everyone else is already there. Keith has stopped screaming but he still has his hands clasped over his ears. I place him on a table as gently as I can. Coran walks up to him and tries to touch his arm. Keith flinches away and winces.

"What's up with him now? He seemed bad with the first episode but this one is even worse," Pidge ponders out loud. Keith winces again. Hunk takes his pointer and holds it in front of his mouth, signifying to be quiet.

Keith's chest rises and falls quickly, his breathing fast paced and uneven. His breaths begin to even out after a short while. He drops his hands into his lap but keeps his head down. I don't have to see his face to know he's grimacing.

What's wrong with him?