Book 2. Chapter S I X T E E N

Start from the beginning

"There's a black car waiting outside to bring us to the hospital." Flynn said as we made our way to the exit of the plane. "Are you going to sleep at your aunt's house?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah, I really want to invite you over, but I---,"

"It's okay," Flynn said, he opened the door for me and motioned for me to step in. "I'll stay in a hotel."

We stepped in the car and drove to the hospital. "Where are we, mommy?" Amari asked as she pressed her nose on the car window.

"In barcelona, princess. We're going to visit Grandma Ly and Milan."

"Granny and Milan?" She clapped excitedly in her hands as she made cheering noises.

A couple minutes later we arrived at the hospital. I lifted Amari up and walked inside the hospital followed by Flynn. At the front desk Flynn asked where Milan's room was and the nurse guided us to the room. It was a private room in the second floor with all the amenities one needed. When we entered the room I heard the sound of a videogame and I immediately felt so relieved.

He was alright.

"You're here!" Aunt Lydia jumped off the bed and walked towards me. She gave me a tight hug and then squatted down to pick up Amari. "How's my little bella doing?"

Amari smiled cheekily. "I want Milan."

Aunt Lydia brought her to Milan who was sitting on the bed playing a video game. He looked really pale from the last time I saw him. "He got a food poisoning." Aunt Lydia said. "It was so bad, he had to be rushed to the hospital."

From the corner of my eyes I could see Milan hugging Amari. He was such a caring big brother. I turned towards him and caressed his thick lustrous hair. "Hi mi amor."

"Hey mom." Milan smiled at me. "I have missed you."

He was so big now. Nine years old. My big baby boy.

"I have missed you too, mi amor. As soon as I find myself a bigger house, I'll bring you over to America okay."

"But you said that the last time already." He pouted.

"This time it is for real."

Milan shrugged and continued playing his video game. He gave Amari a controller and my poor baby girl had no clue what to do with it.

"Talking about that," Aunt Lydia placed her hands on her hips as she gave me a skeptical look. "We went from a regular room to a private room. How?!"

I bit my lip contemplating if I should tell her the truth or not.

And right at that moment, Flynn decided to walk in. Well, I guess there's now only one way out. The truth.

"You!" Aunt Lydia yelled out as she stared at Flynn with anger visible in her eyes. Flynn took a step back. "Uhm..." He looked at me with a questioning look on his face. I haven't told him that aunt Lydia was mad at him.

"Tia," I held her by her upper arm so she would not run to Flynn and possibly murder him. That would be so bad. Who would pay the medical bill? I shook my head. That was such a stupid thought. I really need Aunt Lydia to forgive him. Everyone deserve a second chance.

"I forgave him." I answered curtly.

She looked at me with a disapproving look on her face. "You what?! Are you stupid?! I don't want to have him in this room."

She was seething from anger. Damn, how much did she actually hate his guts?

"He's actually the one paying for this room." I told her, my heart stammering wildly in my chest.

Before Aunt Lydia could say something, Milan spotted Flynn. His eyes widened in surprise and he smiled widely. "Papa!" He squealed and jumped off the bed and ran towards Flynn.

Milan hasn't seen Flynn since I moved to Jordan. He often asked about him, but my answer always stayed vagued. I was shocked when he called Flynn papa. Even after three years, he still remembers and loves Flynn.

Aunt Lydia face turned red from anger and she walked out of the room without saying anything.

My chest tightened in pain again. Now it's not about Milan, but because I couldn't stand seeing my two favorite people like this.

 Now it's not about Milan, but because I couldn't stand seeing my two favorite people like this

---- I KNOW ! Oh my gosh, I broke my promise, I'm so sorry! I was supposed to update last Sunday, but School work got in the way. And then I wanted to update somewhere during the week, but I didn't even got a chance to do that. Needless to say, last week was a very stressful week and I'm so happy it's over! Next week it's spring break in my country and that means my update schedule will go back to NORMAL ! ----

Don't forget to Vote & Comment!