Chapter 5: Time to go

A couple weeks have passed and the rumors about Percy died down. But not the time with Colten. We got even closer but we both knew that I had to leave and not just for a week..

So the time came and I was ready. Prepared for a breakup because long distance relationships don't work.ever.

23. August 2014, My day of Departure. It should be the worst and the best day of my life.
I get up and get ready for my big day. I start running down the stairs after getting dressed. It's time to say good bye. I don't eat much, too nervous. My daddy is already loading my luggage into the car.

Puh, "Bye room, see you in a year!", I think and close the door for the last time. I check my phone- no message-, I run up and down felted a milion times to get the last things together and then *bzzz*- my phone!
Faster than I ever thought I took my phone out and...A text from my best friend, Percy: "Already a message?" Disappointment, he said he wanted to message me. I think, I should just get over it.

So I was getting ready to leave and my Grandma arrived, because she will be with my family, bringing me to the airport. Everything was ready to go, just my phone and in the car.

Finally in the car, my parents, my grandma, my brother Jeff and I are on the way to thr airport, to a big adventure, well actually just me.

And as we were backing out of the driveway *bzzz* -my phone, expecting it to be my best friend again, I look relaxed on my phone, but it wasn't her.

The feelings inside of me while reading this text were undescribable.
"I got finally time to text you, I am so sad that you leave but you will finally go on your big adventure. I hope everything will be fine and as you wanted it to be. It really hurts that I won't see you for a long time, but we will stay in contact okay?", of course we will!, I thought, "I already miss you, love and a million kisses to you", the cutest text I ever read.

He was so perfect and mine. I quickly answred and hoped nobody in the car noticed that my face blushed as I read the message.

As we arrived at the Airport, I turned emotional and shaky, but the time to back out was over, its time to check in.

So my mum and I check in and the rest waited for me. We still had a long time til my flight so we had a coffee and took some last pictures.

Then it was time to say good bye, I hugged everybody and cried. First my Grandma, then my dad, then Jeff and then my mum, it was too much for me, "say Patrick and Lucy I love them", I told my mum as I went into the security area.

Patrick is my oldest brother, 20 and Lucy is his girlfriend. Jeff is 17 and just came back from his exchange year in minnesota, so I felt extra bad. So now I was gone from my family.

I was really sad but after I went behind the scurity area, I found my gate and sat down. Checking my phone again I noticed an incoming call.

It was Patrick , who is studying in Berlin right now and his girlfriend Lucy. We talked for a moment and with tears in my eyes I said "Good bye, I love you two" and hung up. But it was really nice, that they called me to say goodbye one last time, I really love them.

The first flight went easy and without problems, we were even a little early at the 2nd airport and I needed this time.

I lost myself on the airport and couldn't find my gate, until I realized, that the international flights go from upstairs.

So I went upstairs but still was a little early so I sat down, ate and played on my laptop. As it was finally time to check in I went to my gate and stood in line with an older couple, who said they would take care of me since I am alone.

Then a gentlemen from the airpirt came by and asked for this sticker on our ticket, I didn't had one so I went out of line over to somebody, to ask me questions, so that I could get this sticker.

While I was answering these questions, I noticed that she started asking them in plural, so I turned around and there was another girl in my age.

While we finished answering these questions, we started talking and it turned out, that she was an exchange student too and after the questions we went back in line together, we were ready to go.

We talked and talked and as the boarding begun, we didn't wanted to stop.
So we said we gonna try to sit together, since our seats were far away from eachother.

On board it took a long time but then I saw the women sitting next to me, alone, a good thing.

I asked her if she would switch her seat with this girl, Anabelle, I met and she said, that she would travel alone so it wouldn't be a problem.

I was so happy and thanked her a lot and then Anabelle and I were reunited. We just had met but that gave us way more to talk and laugh about and made us forget about our fear and what is coming up in front of us, we were on an adventure but together.

During the 12hours of our flight we had a lot of fun, sadness and she even was scared to death in between. We got along so well, that the stewardess asked me if we were sisters, even though we just met, we were so close.

She was a youtuber and loves adventures she was fun and I was too. She traveled once to the US and loved it so I told her about my experiences.

During this flight we didn't got much sleep but a new friend. As the flight was almost over, we talked about how long until we see our host familes.

A couple minutes later, after we "almost died" like Anabelle called the landing, we got out of the plane together. We did everything together, picked up and gave up our suitcases and then went to our next gates, which were really close together.

We both ate something and then went to the body shop in the airport. Then it was time for her to leave, her flight went 30min before mine, she was going to LA  and I to Portland, so it was time to say good bye.

We exchanged contact information and huged one last time. And she was gone.

It was the last time I saw my new friend for a long time or forever, she helped me through this scary time and I was really grateful, but now I was alone.

At my gate I got ready for my last flight, checked in and tried to distract me from these thoughts. Finally on board I took care of my carry on and sat down, I calmed down.

The man next to me was drinking and his wife was calling people. Oh well, an american couple.

So I almost fell asleep on this flight and as we were about to land I started talking to the couple next to me. "Only 15 and travelling alone. Gone for a year" the women said over and over, after they told me that they are just in Portland to visit their daughter.

The last 'quieeek' sound and we landed. I was in the country of my dreams. I took my carry on and started to the exit, as I got slower.

This family I am about to see, I thought, I don't know them at all. What if they are weirdos? What if I hate them? But then I thought: what if I love them more than anything in the world?

I took the step out of the plane and went down the hallway.

"Only 15 and travelling alone" I heard the women say again behind me but I was already focused on what was going to happen.

I was about the see an American host family, waiting for me and I will live with them for a year.
I was about to see my new family, I thought as I was walking torwards the exit.

——-
Unedited.
I noticed somenbody added this to their reading list so I hope you enjoy.
Got a busy life but try to keep it up

Love!