Chapter 2: Why did this happen?

Do you want me to come over and talk?

This message made my heart beat faster. He really wanted to hang out with me, just because of our team going for a championship.

After Rachel and I talked about him and worked for a couple more days together, I recieved a message from him one evening.

And like expected Rachel asked me right the next lunch if 'somebody irregular' messaged me. She hooked us up, for sure. But I was going with it and it was really fun to talk to him.

We talked for a long time and had lots of little moments at the football game but we didn't really hung out yet. We had simular interests and got along, but I didn't know if this wasn't just a cyber frienship, but after this message I doubted it.

Yes, it was time to get closer to the real life with this relationship, so i messaged my best friend Percy.

He wants to hang out, what should I do'?

Percy had relationship problems on her own but she was too happy and messaged me back instantly.

Say YES, just be cute. Don't be the super weird you, be yourself but don't be mean to him.

I am so grateful to have her, she knows me well. Ever since 7th grade when she saved me from the bullies we were friends and became closer over time, now she was the best I have and it is awesome.

It took all confidence in my body, but I went to ask my parents.

"Hey mum, can Colton come over and hang out?" Danged thy didn't even know that we are friends or anything, but thru football they know me too well.

"Now? Sure.", my mum said unexpectd. Tons of weight fell off my chest, but it pulled streight back together, as my dad threw in "Who is Colton?" Shocked by the question I didn't answer, since I never asked for his last name, but my mum truely always have my back

"Who?! Man, that kid we hang out with all the time at football. Rike it's fine, but please not too late, okay?"

I trew a quick "Thanks" at them and ran upstairs to my room, to message him back.

My mum said yes, you can come around. :)

I am on my way! It will take like 20minutes and then I am there.

I queked, what the heck was wrong with me?! I never queek and I don't even know if I like him, or if we meet just as friends. Right, we are just friends, I told myself to calm down.

After twenty minutes of tooth- brushing, cleaning up my room, getting dressed and mainly pacing thru my room I saw him park outside, so I hurried down the stairs to avoid the awkward talk with my parents, the doorbell would cause.

I opened the door with a shy "hey" and smiled at him.

"Hey, how is it going?" He trew back as he entred my home.

"Nah allright, just set your shoes over there and we can go upstairs to talk."

"Sure, who else is home?"

"Basically everybody and to not make this awkward let's hurry up into my room, before anybody of them comes out."

"Aye,aye" he saluted torwards me and followed me up the stairs into my room.

"Door open or closed?", he asked while closing the door.

"Doesn't matter, close it better. Wanna take a seat on my only chair?"
I said to break the awkward silence.

"Uhh, what an honor, thanks. But why just one?"

"Because I am lonely okay?"

And thats how the conversation went on, teasingly but friendly about probably everything, including my math tests and football and friends, until he hit my knee.