Chapter 1: The Beginning

And there I was, on my first day at work, actually not really because it is just a three week internship I have to do for the school. But I truely applied and got accepted like at normal jobs. And I was scared like in normal jobs.

"Do you want me to wait, princess?", my mum throws me out of my thoughts. And yes my mum calls me princess since I was a little baby and there was nothing I could do about it.

"Yes please, just like five minutes after I got in, so that if something goes wrong I am not sitting here alone and cry."

"That's fine but you will be fine too! C'mon Sophie,  it all will be fine. You are prepared and you look good-"

"Maybe not good enough", I negatively interrupt my mum.

"Yeah sure, you look horrible and they gonna kick you out! But first I will, so get you little butt out of my car and make your way to your job. You shouldn't be late on the first day!"

"Yeah, yeah mum. I got it! Love you and I will text you when to pick me up, or I'll take the tram."

As I was about to get out of the car, I pressed my mum a kiss on her cheek and then turned to leave.

"I love you, honey, and they will too!", ignoring the last sentence of my mum, I went to the huge building in front of me, to enter thru what I think was the main entrance.

The bulding looks like it is made of two buildings. Left a new modern one with something about six floors and on the right a grey chunk with just two, which was intimidating enough for me.

As I enter thru, what I see as the modern part, I stand in a huge hall, with a little desk in the middle. Scared I get closer to the desk, but the women there was not intimidating at all and smiling at me, so I explain her why I was here and she said I should sit down and wait, somebody is coming for me.

Shortly after, I saw my family friend Elle coming down the stairs, the women who made all of this  possible for me.

She took me by her side and we went on to the second floor of the older building half and she took me into her office.

The office was at the end of the hallway, right next to an open office. But Elle's office just had glass doors and seemed modern over all. In the right hand corner, opposite the door was her desk, clean big and black and the rest of the long room seemed to me like a meeting room with a table and many chairs. And of course there were clothes on hangers left and right trailing the room.

While she was explaining what I will be doing the next couple of weeks, many people droped in but that didn't seem to distract her from telling me the rules and the important ways to get out.

Shortly after this, she introduced me to the person I will be working with, Charlie. She was a nice, blond girl with a perfect face and a perfect smile. She wore probably a 34 and could go as a model as well.

"Hey Sophie", she greeted, " we will have tons of fun together! First I will show you a little around the departments here and then I will introduce you to our dress and skirts team you will be working with!"

"And whenever you need me, you can drop in or let Charlie call me.", Elle called after me as I followed Charlie out of the office into the long hallway.

"These big office rooms are sperated by little cupboards, because we always have to work together and walls would be so hard for us.", Charlie started out, as we walk down the hallway.

While she was explanining and walking me thru all this, I was just looking at the people around me. Every single one of them looked so perfect.

Don't get me wrong I like myself and I am not fat or anything, but I was a little chubby and I just lost 14pound to be more confident with myself, it seemed like I didn't really fit in here.

Finally, she introduced me to everybody and my working space, since her assistent was on vacation. The most interesting for me was the girl, sitting next to me. Her name was Rachel and she was studing for this company, which is common in Germany.

You study 3months and then work 3, and get paid while you are studing. It is hard but a really good way to get used to the real life of work.

Rachel was the closest to my age and we got along on the first day well, basically she took care of me and we even ent for lunch together, where we talked a lot.

"You like football? I got a friend and he helps out with football around here a lot, I wonder if you know him." She announced before she started on her vegetarian meal.

"Probably", I replied quick " I basically know everyone, because my dad is the president of the club and I've been in it for almost nine years, thats more than half of my life."

"When we are back up in the office, I can show you pictures of him, he is a really nice guy."

"I bet, I mean everybody at football is really nice, especially to me. Even though I am not that kind of person everybody wants to be friends with."

"Sophie, knock it off, you are nice and everybody likes you.  I will prove it to you, I got a friend here and she comes back in a week and she will love you too."

"We'll see."

"Well, anyways. So the friend I have is not active for a long time but really engaged in it."

So we continued our lunch talking about this guy and I almost thought she wants to hook me up with him, at least she sounded like a matchmaker. The words "single", "open" and "free" came up a lot from our conversation.

After our lunch we went back upstairs in our office and she showed me pictures of him.

It was the guy I was talking to a while back and at that time, he was creepy messaging me, what I also showed her but she just said, that he is a lot of fun and that I should start talking to him again.

Thats when I realized, that she truely tried to get us together.

◾◾◾◾◾

A/N
Please tell me, how to get a better story, comment or message me!
I'll try to keep updating fast, right now I got the time!

Excuse typos and grammar-unedited!
Love