Chapter Sixteen: You're Back

I woke up to the sound of groaning. Where was I?

"R-Rey?" The voice croaked, and I looked up to see...BEN! He woke up!

"Ben! You're awake!" I exclaimed happily, pulling him into a hug, while trying to be gentle because of all his wounds.

"You finally woke up! I can't believe this. I...I thought you were dead."

"Why would I be--wait. I remember...I remember you! When we were kids! I used to call you Kira and you called me Kylo, right? And Stormy was Finn, while Pilot was Poe." I smiled, because he also remembered his past. Suddenly, he crashed his lips onto mine, catching me off guard, but I still kissed him back. I missed his kisses so much; actually, I missed everything about him. Even his stupid reputation.

"Rey, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry that I didn't look where I was going while I was driving, I should've--"

"It doesn't matter anymore, Ben. All that matters is that both you and I are alive." He also smiled, and kissed my forehead reassuringly.

~~~

I called Ben's parents and my grandfather to tell them that Ben was awake, and I also called a few other friends about it. They were all very happy, and I watched in awe as Ben and his parents showed so much of their love for him. They were very great parents, and it's a shame that my parents died while I was only a little girl, but I've been able to have a good life because of my grandpa.

"Your parents are still here, you know. They may not be alive on earth anymore, but they still live inside your heart." My grandpa said, and I let a tear slip from my eye.

"I know, it's just...it's more painful now since I remember how much we used to be a happy family, and knowing what happened to them, but at least I still have you." He pulled me into a hug, making me feel good with myself.

"How could I have been lucky to have a grandfather like you?" He laughed at my question, and pet my hair.

"I should be the one asking why I had a very bright granddaughter like you." This caused me to smile, but then a question hit me.

"Wait, grandpa, how come I was allowed to fall asleep here in the hospital overnight?"

"Well, it turns out that Poe's mother actually works here, in a high position, I believe, so she was able to let you stay in for the night." I nodded my head at him.

A few hours later, Ben was finally let out of the hospital. The doctors did a few tests with him, to check if there's anything wrong with him, but he turned out to be just fine.

We were now walking to go outside the hospital, when suddenly Ben catches up with me, and takes my hand in his. He gives me a reassuring squeeze, and I've missed feeling the soft touch of his hands. I lay my head on his shoulder while walking, and sigh. As we reach their car, Ben tried being a gentleman, and opened the door for me. I laughed at his adorable behavior, and gave him a kiss on the cheek, before I went inside the car, and so did he, and our families both went home.

~~~

Ben's POV

I stepped out of the car, as we reached our house, while Rey and her grandpa went to their house already, and I was happy that I'm finally going home.

As I opened the door of our house, I was greeted by a bunch of people yelling.

"WELCOME HOME, BEN!" I looked around our house, amd there was a big banner that said 'Welcome home, Ben', and I saw a lot of my classmates around. All of them had smiles on their faces, but I only focused on four people. Hux, Phasma, Poe, and Finn. They all walked towards me, and pulled me into a group hug.

"We're glad to see you're back, Ben." Phasma said, after we all pulled away.

"Yeah, we were so scared of what would happen to you!" Hux added.

"I know that we haven't really been on great terms lately, but I'm pretty sure that you remember how close we were when we were kids, and I'd like us to be like that again." Finn said.

"Me too." Poe nodded and smiled. I smiled back.

"Of course we can. But...who planned all of this?"

"Rey. After calling your parents, she asked them if we could come over your house and prepare everything, and of course we couldn't just say no to that. We missed you." Phasma answered, and I nodded.

"Where is Rey, anyway?" Poe asked, and I shrugged.

"At her house I--what?" I saw Rey behind them, and I immediately had a smirk on my face.

"What?" The four of them said in unison.

"Behind you."

"Behind us--oh." Hux said, and Rey and I bursted laughing for a meaningless reason.

"How long have you been here, Kira?" Finn emphasized her nickname, and she shrugged in response.

"Long enough."

"Hey, why don't we start celebrating now?" Hux asked, and we all nodded.

"Welcome home, Ben!"

A/N: Um...this story is ending in just a few more chapters. Actually, I was thinking of ending it with this chapter already, but there will be a few more. It's sad that I have to say goodbye to this story, even if the plot is not really too good, but I'll miss writing this. Almost just 4 months of writing this, and I'm also happy that I'm about to finish it, but also, kinda sad. It's also been nice talking with some readers. Also, tomorrow is my recognition day, meaning I'm finishing my time as a 7th grader. It's been a good year for me in school, and I'm also sad that it's ending, cause I remember all the great memories I made in my first year of high school, and I was a transferee, so at first, I was quite awkward, but the people at school made me feel like I do fit in there, and two of my best friends is transferring next school year, even if the other one isn't confirmed yet, but at least their school is near ours, so they'll visit us when they can. I made lots of friends this school year, and I met some just a few months ago, who I kinda wished I'd known longer, cause we became good friends, but tomorrow's the last time I see them this school year, and hopefully they won't transfer yet, even if they sometimes get annoying lol, those are the kind of people I like to hang out with and friends with. Anyways, thanks for reading.