Chapter Three: Developing

"Everyone, please pass your essays now." Sir Daniel, our English teacher told us, and most of the students seemed to look like they haven't finished their essays yet, but I was already finished with mine, and so was Rey. We both stood up to pass our papers, and everyone looked at both of us. Some girls gave Rey a disgusting look, some girls laughed at her, while some girls were just staring at me. Just...staring...right at me. That's kind of creepy.

"Wow, didn't know you could finish an essay in 30 minutes." Rey commented as we sat down, and I smirked at her.

"I may be a playboy, but I'm also a genius, so that's probably why every girl likes me in our year." I said, but then I realized something. "Except you, apparently." I mumbled, hoping that she didn't hear me, but I thought wrong, because I could already hear her muffled laughters.

"You got that right."

"Everyone, I said pass your papers, NOW!" Our teacher yelled, even louder than before. Some students dropped their pens out of shock from our teacher's voice, while some just took their unfinished essays and gave it to our teacher.

"Thank you. Now, before I go, I'll be giving you your project. You will all come in pairs, and the project will be passed next year. However, I will be the one to choose your partners. Now, your project isn't the easiest, but you have to do it, otherwise, your grades will go down. What you have to do is to do a research on fifty famous English authors, and make a short summarization of at least two of their books. The first twenty-five authors will be made by one of your pairs, while the remaining twenty-five will be made by your partner, just to make sure that both of you in your pair did something for the project. You will put all your data on bond papers." Everyone in the class groaned, including me and Rey. Geez, during our Christmas break we won't have any fun anymore; we'll probably just be sitting in front of a computer, trying to look for a bunch of authors and their books.

"Here are the pairs...Finn Xenon and Poe Dameron..." He kept saying the names of the pairs, and most of the class were now in pairs, while my name came in last.

"...and the last pair is Ben Solo and Rey Kenobi." Rey's mouth dropped in shock, and she turned to look at me, only to see me smirking at her. Well, my dear, looks like we have more quality time together.

"Okay, class dismissed." Everyone took all their things and walked out of the room with annoyed expressions on their faces, while Rey kept ranting about me and her being partners.

"This is so unfair!"

"You could've been paired up with someone else!"

"Why me?"

"I think someone cursed me to be with you! Now, who'd ever curse me anyway?"

"Ugh, I guess I'll have to work with you to be able to maintain my grades." She finally stopped ranting when we were out of the classroom, and I groaned. Was it a really bad thing that I'm her partner?

"Well, sorry if I'm not the guy who you wanted to be paired with." I sneered, feeling hurt, because she was making me feel like I was a really bad choice to be paired with her.

"What's that about?" She asked me, and I tried not to laugh at her. So funny.

"Is it really so bad that you were paired with me? I mean, we're getting married, so you and I should get used to being with each other."