Chapter Fourteen: Knowing The Truth

My grandfather sniffed, and looked up at the ceiling, looking like he was pondering over something. My parents.

"T--they did? But you told me that my mother died when she gave birth to me, and that my dad had already left me. Why did you lie to me all this time?" I asked, feeling hurt that I finally knew the truth. Why did everyone hide my past from me? From Ben?

"Sweetie, please understand that I--I mean we did it because the doctor said...that you had no chance to remember anything that happened when you were kids. I'm so sorry, Rey, but the doctor made it clear not to tell you anything about it, because if you did, your mind gets triggered and...your mind just can't handle too much of that."

"But I've been getting dreams of my past. Memories, actually, yet nothing bad happened to me."

"That's because you become unconcsious each time it happens. I know you have those dreams, so every night I'd check on you and...I'd see you on the bed, looking like a normal person sleeping, but once I got closer to you, your pulse started getting slower and slower, and when I tried to wake you up, you wouldn't. So every time it happens, I'd bring you to the hospital late at night, and you get treated for about five hours, before you finally gain concsiousness."

"But that's impossible! How can I not remember all that?"

"The crash gave you an inability to remember some things in your life. I don't know how that's possible, but it is."

So there it was. The truth. Every single thing they hid from us has been revealed. Wait, Ben...

"Can I see Ben?" I asked abruptly, then my grandpa nodded sadly.

"He still hasn't woken up yet. It's been two days since you both got brought in here."

I tried standing up, and, not expecting any excruciating pain to come from my body, I felt like my shoulder blades broke.

"AHH, WHAT THE SHUCK?" I lie down on the bed, right when I used my hand to support myself from sitting up straight, and my grandpa looked at me worringly.

"Maybe you shouldn't move your body much yet. Just rest. He'll be fine." I felt my eyelids slowly drop, and I got stuck in a dreamless sleep.

A/N: This story is such a mess. Sorry for a filler chapter, I got writer's block. Honestly, this story isn't that great, but since people appreciate my story, I use it as an inspiration to keep writing, so thank you so much for that! I appreciate you all, and tysm for 1k+ reads and all the votes, plus the comments! And guess what? I FINISHED ALL MY EXAMS FOR THE WHOLE SCHOOL YEAR ALREADY, SO WOO HOO! And I passed most of them so...I'm proud of myself. Since we don't have any more discussions at school, we just go there for the clearance, but not for any lessons or stuff, so I don't really need to focus on school as much since our summer vacation comes in 2-3 weeks! Meaning more updates. Hehe. Unfortunately, this book will end in a few more chapters, but I'll probably write more Reylo stories, AND Scorose stories. Just...lemme think about them first. Oh, another great news (for me, at least 🙂), our school is gonna have a program for us to have a movie night for a block screening of...AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR! Yass! We have to pay 999 pesos (÷50 for US dollars), and we get 2 tickets, 2 food stubs, and a FREE Avengers merchandise for that price! Imma have a great day that day! I know that's totally off topic but...I dunno, I just feel like talkin to ya'll more. And one last thing...MAH BDAY IS ON STAR WARS DAY! MAY 4! I'M EXCITED AS SHUCK! (Lmao that's 2 months away...) Okay yeah, that's all! Don't be shy to talk to me, say watcha want to say, just not a really negative thing tho, but umm...yeah don't be shy! See ya on the next A/N!