So, how does this work?

Start from the beginning

He took out the piece of paper, that at some point he must have put in his pocket and threw it at his mom. "Why did you write this?" His mom looked confused at first until she read what was on the paper.

"Where did you get this?" That is when his mom spotted me. "Melonie?"

" Yes, mom that is Melonie, why did you write that?"

"I don't know why your so hung up on this. I saw how hurt you were when we left that summer. I knew it would have never worked, there was not point letting it continue. I don't know why your so hung up on this, you havn't talked about Melonie in over a year, no offense sweetie."

For some reason, what I got out of all of that was that up until about a year ago he still talked about me. I don't know why that would matter but, it still sank in.

I don't think there were words to describe how angry Rainey was at that moment. Everyone looked at him and I wasn't sure if they knew how angry he was, and I didn't know either but he was about to explode.

"Mom you want to know why I am so hung up on it..." He pointed to July, all I could think was 'Oh No' here it comes. "You see that beautiful little girl right there. That is my daughter, Melonie wrote me to tell me she was pregnant, and you just dismissed as if it were nothing. You should have let me decide weather or not I would have wrote her back, then it would have been my fault that I missed out on the first five years of my daughter's life, but instead it is your fault." You could have heard a pin drop at that point and then a moment later I think it hit him, that July was right there. I'm not sure that he meant for her to find out that way, and I knew then that was not how I wanted her to find out.

July instantly started in. "Mommy is that my daddy, is that my daddy?" She looked at Rainey. "I knew you looked like my daddy! Mommy let me down, let me down let me down." I didn't want to let her down, but I couldn't keep her from him any longer. The moment her feet hit the ground she was running to him, and as if it were instint, he dropped to his knees and she ran into his arms. I had never seen July hug someone so tight. "I knew you'd come for us one day, I just knew it."

At this point, Rainey's mom was sobbing and saying over and over. " I didn't know." I'd never seen a grown women cry so much, as she was at that moment. The man next to her was rubbing her back.

July pulled away from Rainey and looked him in the face. " Are you sure that you're my daddy, because my daddy sure looks younger in the picture by my bed." I had to chime in. "July Raine, is that something nice to say to someone?"

She looked a little sad, "No mommy, I'm sorry. I'm sorry too daddy, I was just THINKING that you look older now, but maybe I'm wrong." She was funny when she back tracked when she was in trouble. I laughed at her and so did Rainey.

Rainey looked over at me and winked. " You are right July, that picture was six years ago, so I am a little bit older."

"Ha, Mommy I knew I was right." After the words left her mouth she knew she was in trouble. Her and Rainey instantly had the same look on their faces. They both gritted their teeth together almost as if smiling, but what it really said was oh no I'm in trouble, oh no your in trouble.I could already see that this was going to be an interesting duo. That they would probably end up double teaming me.

"July Raine Barbacosa. Get over her this instant."

"Yes, Mommy."

Rainey's mom had her hands in her face, she continued to sob. "Rainey" He looked over at me. "I need to have a talk with July about a lot of stuff, and I think you need to talk with your family. We are going out to the bench outside the cabin. We'll probably be out there for an hour so, so if you feel like coming out, then we'll be there.  If not we will be in cabin 231 all summer, but I suggest you not wait that long." He nodded his head.

"Let's go July."

"But Mommy, I don't want daddy to leave us again." It really made me sad because she afraid this was the only time she'd see her daddy. I was just about to say something when Rainey spoke first.

"July, I'll be out in just a little while. I just need to talk to my family for a few minutes. I promise I won't leave you."

In the sweetest voice I ever heard. " You promise daddy."

"I promise July and I keep my promises." July smiled really big. I wanted her to be happy, but I didn't want her to get hurt. I hoped that she wouldn't, because everything was happening so fast. As we walked out the gates I looked back and saw Rainey standing in front of his mom with his arms crossed. The two guys that were sitting out side got up and made their way into the cabin. I'm guessing they were probably some of Rainey's friends, that didn't want to be in the middle of that situation. I wouldn't want to be in the middle of that situation right then, but who was I kidding I was what caused that situation by telling him he was July's dad.