Once everyone else found out about the truth, Jacob almost wanted to fight Rory himself. Actually, he did end up trying.

The keyword is: try.

His attempt to fight the Manipulator resulted in Rory breaking Jacob's leg and collarbone before restraining him against his will to talk some sense into him. Really, it was not a pretty sight. But now, Jacob had a lesser need to snap Rory's neck every time she so much as breathed near Renesmee. While that didn't necessarily mean he, or any of the vampires, wasn't on high alert when Rory and Ren were in the same room, it was a start.

Everyone had their own opinion on the matter. Rosalie thought Rory was too dangerous to be around the newborn, whereas Alice and Jacob agreed but specifically added that Rory should at least not be left alone with Ren. Jasper believed Rory was strong enough to overcome anything, so he was on Edward's side. Esme was just worried for the baby's overall safety, but Carlisle seemed to vocally declare that he was on Edward's side. Emmett thought that Rory should be able to do what she thought was best for her.

The clan eventually came to the consensus that Rory was to not be left alone with Renesmee under any circumstances—at least, until they were sure Rory could control herself. After all, the desire of a blood singer was stronger, more compelling than any other desire in vampire history.

It was baffling to think that all of this happened the same night the Cullens fought off the wolves to protect Renesmee. Now, they were letting another threat close to the newborn. The scariest part was that this threat, in particular, was stronger than all of the Cullens combined.

Being so close to Renesmee was hard for Rory. There was no doubt about it. The faint beating of the hybrid's heart was like putting her favorite song on full blast. But if Rory wasn't going to get used to being around Ren for... well, forever, then she'd have to dive in, head first.

What was even crazier was how similar the niece-aunt duo looked; same nose, same big and curious eyes, same cheeks, same facial structure. Even the way their eyes squinted up like little crescent moons when they smiled was the same. Yes, Rory had made a joke or two about how she was really just "drawn to herself", but the only people who laughed were Emmett and Edward.

"Alright, I think that's enough for now," Rosalie asserted, nervously pulling Renesmee onto her lap.

Rory opened her mouth to protest or maybe make some kind of joke, but resorted to sighing and nodding.

She laid back on the ground with a sigh, almost like she was out of breath. Jasper sat on the couch beside where Rory laid as he mentioned, "If it helps, I think you're her favorite person here."

Rory weakly smiled, not bothering to look up at her mate. She assumed he could feel all of the happy emotions radiating off of the newborn. "A little bit," she mumbled. "...Thanks." Rory puffed out her cheeks and exhaled nervously, waiting with the others for Edward and Bella to return from hunting.

Regardless, Renesmee happily reached out and placed her hand on Rory's forehead from where she sat in Rosalie's lap. She showed her another memory—this was Ren's gift. She could show anyone anything she wanted by simply making contact with someone else. Rory smiled upon seeing the baby's memory of simply laughing and giggling with her aunt. It made her feel a little bit less guilty, knowing that at least Ren had fond memories of her aunt.

"Welcome to the family," Esme's voice called, grasping Rory's attention. She rose to her feet, as well as everyone else. She stood beside Jacob and Rosalie, who had still been holding Ren, despite the fact that the newborn continued to reach out to Rory.

"You look amazing, Bella," Alice complimented with a smile.

Carlisle stepped to the side, allowing the newborn vampire to walk through. "Someone's been waiting to meet you," Carlisle informed kindly.