Chapter 7

Lance woke up with a start.

Not the faintest of an idea as to where he was; having been expecting to find Lotor beside him, but the bed was abandoned. The room foreign, making Lance uneasy.

Yet, it wasn't entirely unfamiliar.

The comforting scent of lilac starting to invade his senses, the soft blue hue casted over the ridiculously large bed. The satin below his clutched hands.

Other than that, there wasn't necessarily anything that stood out to Lance.

Head still muddied, Lance sat up slowly, trying to make his eyes focus on the his unfamiliar-familiar surroundings.

After a moment, his head space began to clear much to Lance's protest; he quite enjoyed not knowing anything, not feeling anything.

And so it hit him. Voltron.

Voltron, and his sister had come to save him. The elusive prince of Altea was home, or at least, pretty sure he is.

Catiously, Lance began to stand, regretting it almost immediately as he collapsed onto one knee. The room's details starting to make themselves apparent, as he rested upon his knee.

The laundry hamper in the far corner, the framed picture of him resting on the nightstand to Lance's left.

Allura took that picture. After his performance at Universals. He was tipsy, and really doesnt remember even posing for it, but none the less, she adored it, and had always kept it right beside her bed.

Lance couldn't help feeling the smile over taking his lips; the warmth filling his chest as he took it the picture from its lonely place upon the nightstand.

Framed Lance looked so happy.

Lance hadn't been happy for what felt like millenia; already having lost his smile before and after the destruction of Altea.

Lance wasn't necessarily sure how long he sat staring at the picture, not aware anyone else had entered the room until someone had sat beside him.

"Lance?" Allura asked gently, placing her hand on her younger brother's shoulder, feeling it stiffen momentarily before it loosened once more.

Lance let his smile rise again, not realizing it had fallen until Allura had said his name.

"Allura." He breathed out, turning to look at his older sister happily. A sudden urge to cry once he had fully taken in Allura's features.

Her long, white hair pulled tightly onto the top of her head, a couple strays curls framing her face effortlessly. Her skin-tight body suit, contrasting with her rich skin tone beautifully.

But, her eyes.

Allura physically looked practically the same, but her eyes were dark. The light that used to rest within her multicolored; gone.

Shrouded with worry, and clouded by the blood on her hands. She was in the midst of a war, she was at the very center, and anyone who knew her could tell that any loss of life weighed down on her heavily.

Nothing was said for a long time, but eventually they ended up embracing. Murmuring about the things Lance had missed, Lance responding with simple hums as he softly stroked his sister's back.

It may have not been the ideal reunion, but there was so much, too much, and neither of them could spill all at once. There was damage to repair, and a universe at stake. And although it wasn't said, Lance knew he would have to help Allura lead.

For the good of the universe, and Lance swore he'd never let another planet perish at the Galra empires hands. He swore it.
-
A/N: THIS IS SHIT, UTTER SHIT BUT I PROMISED I WOULD PROVIDE. I JUST WANTED THEM TO HAVE THEIR MOMENT BEFORE IT GETS HELLA GAY AND ANGSTY OKAY? LET ME LIVE. ALSO THANK YOU FOR 2K+ READS?? HECK I DON'T DESERVE YOU GUYS