Me Liking Danny?

"My answer is yes," I say finally.

"Yay!!!" Drew says and turns to tell Mikey and my parents.

"Your answer is yes to what?" Daniel asks.

"Mikey and Drew want me to live with them, so I said yes," I say leaning back in my chair.

Daniel smiles and runs his hand through his hair. "I have 3 questions," Daniel says leaning toward me.

"What are they?" I ask.

"1) Can you start calling me Danny? 2) Can I help you pack? 3) Would you like to go on a date with me?" Danny says, chewing on his lip.

"Ok, Danny, I don't care, and sure," I say biting my lip to keep from smiling.

We continue talking about bands, movies, books, comic books, and what we hate about society.

After the dining and the toast is over, we all head to the ball room, which is just a giant room with a bar and a DJ booth. Also really cool lighting.

The first dance is Drew and Mikey. The dance to a song I have never heard of before, but they seem to know it by heart. Drew is already crying and Mikey is talking to him. It's so sweet. Drew's arms are wrapped around Mikey's neck, while Mikey's arms are placed on Drew's hips.

When the song ends everyone claps and Mikey and Drew bow. Seconds later the next song starts and it's upbeat and happy. Drew jogs over to Danny and I and drags us into the crowd of dancing, buzzed adults.

Drew shoves me into Danny, hard enough to make me fall into him. Danny places his hands on my hip and arm to steady me. He laughs and squeezes my hip and arm lightly. I blush. Danny focuses his silver blue eyes on my Jade colored ones. We just stare at each other for a while. It feels like forever, but it's not dragging on. It feels like we are learning everything about each other, but we don't comprehend the language, yet.

I clear my throat and awkwardly move out of his grasp.

Danny smiles and offers me his hand. "Lizy, will you do me the honor of dancing with me?" he asks with a wide cocky smiles.

I tap on my chin, as if thinking, "I would love to," I say finally.

I take his hand, but as soon as I do a slow song starts. Danny brings me close to him, not too close, but close enough to smell him. He smells of roses and blood, it sounds disgusting. It's not, it's sweet metallic. I watch him watching me as we move gracefully to the music. My arms places around his neck and his hands placed at my waist.

"This is a dream," I say aloud.

"Now why do you say that?" Danny says.

"Because I'm undesirable, I'm not popular, I'm not pretty, I hate myself, I'm fucked up, yet this gorgeous boy is flirting with me," I say pulling away from him.

He pulls me closer and squeezes my waist. "You're beautiful, Miss Elizabeth Rose Morton, never forget that. If you let me I'll show you how to love who you are. I'll show you that everyone is fucked up." Danny's expression is serious. He stares into my eyes, like he needs me to believe it. Oh how I want to believe he can help, but I just met him today. What ever this is, it's moving too fast.

I don't care. I like it.

Before I can really think, I lean in and kiss him. My first kiss. My first kiss with a boy I just met today. 3 hours ago. I let everything melt away. The facts. The hundreds of people here. My parents. Mikey and Drew.

His hands find there way to my face and he holds them there. His thumbs rub over my cheeks lightly and he closes the tiny gap that was between us. Our first kiss lasts forever. A sweat heavenly forever.