Chapter One: I Nearly Die from Oversized Pillow Pets

Start from the beginning

The bulky, plump young men walked to me like lumpy marshmallows rolling in a bag. The one leading the obese wolf pack was a pale chunky boy with short bleach blond hair that basically exposed his mile long forehead. Shortly behind him was a scrawny, tan boy with floppy dark hair. The rest followed in that leader's footsteps, each imitating that malicious smile.

The blond boy loomed over me, and I could see his gaping abysses of nostrils. He grunted and snorted as the others gathered around me.

"Look at this wimp", he mocked, jabbing his finger into my collarbone. "He looks like one of them...uh...what're they called again Sam?"

"Uh dwarf?" The tan one replied, tilting his head.

"Nah, nah. Those short people."

"A smurf?"

"Does he look blue to you, ya dipshit?"

Well, internally I am.

"An oompa loompa, Jerry?"

"Yeah!" Jerry cackled. "An oompa loompa."

How many brain cells does this guy lack? I'm clearly as pale as the snow and don't look like an orange. I rolled my eyes, which could have been one of my greatest mistakes or the best choice I've ever made. That's because Jerry caught my actions, and glared.

"What a little punk", he muttered.

Well, if I died today, then I wouldn't have to return to my demon of a father. Then again, my tombstone would read: "Charles Black. Death by giant walking Pillow Pets."

Jerry grabbed me by the collar. "I don't see ya here often", he grumbled. "So let me tell ya a little something."

He pointed to a scraggly naked tree whose branches tried to reach the sunlight in different directions.

"That's my tree", he sputtered. "That means that from this tree to that fence o'er there is my territory. That's why no one else is 'ere."

His gang nodded along with his statement.
"And you," he jabbed his finger into my chest, "you're trespassing.

"I'll let ya off with er warning now", he mumbled. "Better not see yer sorry ass here again."

I squinted at him, awaiting his release. I can't believe turds like him actually roam these parks. On top of that, his crew are like brainless cattle following the dull bull. Besides...

"I think planting trees are for the smart boys, no?"

Oh my god. I said that out loud, didn't I?

Jerry's face tensed, his sharp crystal eyes were like diamonds that longed to drill into my soul. His grip tightened, as he marched over to the misshapen tree and pounded me against it. I winced, feeling my breath get knocked out of me. His comrades followed behind him with menacing looks as Jerry rose his meaty fist behind him.

"If ye not gonna listen dat way", he snarled, "maybe I'll just nail it in ya!"

This was it. This is the story of how I die. Or so, that's how I thought it would go.