Instead of becoming angry, her father almost appeared impressed. She'd never defied him before. Never.

Her father linked his fingers together and begun swooning, swaying from side to side happily. "Ohh, my baby girl is growing up so fast! I can't believe she stood up to me. I'm so proud!" he gushed. He was looking at her the same way someone would look at a cute, little animal who had just learned a new trick.

"But Levi—" her uncle began, causing her father to look away for a brief moment.

Remi saw her opportunity and took it. Without hesitation, she grabbed Killure's clawed hand and pulled him forwards. It was like trying to pull a large boulder uphill until he caught on and began moving his own legs.

In one quick motion, Remi wrenched open the door on the ground, and yanked them both down into the abyss of black. All light disappeared when Killure pulled the door shut behind them, and they began plummeting downwards on some kind of slide, a mess of limbs and wings and claws. Remi had never been down here before, and had no idea where it went.

They were flying so fast that the air pushed her back down whenever she tried to sit up. The slide took sharp twists and turns, and more than once Remi thought she would sail right off the edge.

Remi felt butterflies in her stomach when the slide disappeared out from under her for a brief few seconds. A scream ripped its way out of her throat, and she wrapped her arms around Killure and held on for dear life. She felt his chest rumble as he let out an amused chuckle, and it angered her. How could he be so relaxed while they were sliding in pitch darkness to what could possibly be their deaths? Still, she didn't dare lift her head to try and glare at him. He wouldn't be able to see it, anyway.

As the slide went on, Remi began to feel nauseous. She clenched her eyes tightly shut and held him even tighter.

Light suddenly erupted around them in a blinding flash as the slide began slowing down, eventually setting them down lightly on something soft.

Remi didn't dare open her eyes. She felt terribly dizzy, as though her brain had turned to mush and was now sloshing around in her head. It began unjumbling, but the process was slow and confusing.

All of a sudden she felt Killure's lips lightly brush her ear, striking clarity into her, his hot breath fanning her ear as he spoke.

"Doll, you're not being overly clear about what you want. Last night you push me away, and now you do this," his tone was light and teasing, jarring Remi out of her terrified stupor and making her tense.

Remi jerked her eyes open. Killure was sitting casually on the grass beneath them—grass?—with a muscled arm braced behind him, and the other around her. Blood rushed to her cheeks as she realized she was straddling him, her legs wrapped tightly around his waist and the side of her face pressed against his incredibly hard chest.

He let out a strangled growl.

"Seriously, doll, if you don't get off soon, I'm gonna lose control," he muttered, his voice becoming hoarse. He glanced downwards. "My pants are already feeling uncomfortably tight, and you're about to start feeling me. Unless that's what you want?"

Remi hesitated a moment, wondering what he would feel like pressed against her core, before quickly shaking the thought from her mind and getting off him. "My apologies."

He slowly stood to his feet, sending her a wicked grin. "For what, exactly? I happened to quite enjoy that."

Remi glanced around, looking for anything to distract herself.

They were on a field of perfectly manicured grass, rich and dark green. Surrounding them were fields of vegetables and fruits, with artificial lighting and sprinklers set up around them. Off in the distance, rows upon rows of trees, all evenly spaced, flourished.