Chapter 2

Picture of Charlotte to the right --->>

We were sitting in my air-conditioned room the next day, and Charlotte was glowing. "I told you that he wouldn't freak out! He said it was fine that I was going to be away all summer!" I shifted uncomfortably. Since meeting Jason, I hadn't exactly wanted to talk about him.

Charlotte opened her mouth again, no doubt to gush about him even more, and I cut her off. "Yes, I get it, Jason is amazing, wonderful, gorgeous, and the best guy in the universe! Now can we stop talking about him?!" I demanded. Charlotte's jaw dropped open.

Just as I was regretting what I had said, Char's phone beeped. Glancing down at the screen her face lit up. Then she looked back at me. "I've got to go," she said abruptly. Then she went to the bathroom to wash off her makeup. Charlotte's mother didn't allow her to wear makeup so she always stored her makeup at my house and then washed it off before she went back home.

I waited a few seconds to make sure she was deffinitely in the bathroom and then raced over to her purse. I couldn't help my curiosity, I knew that Char's face only got so excited when it had something to do with Jason and I wanted to see what he had said.

Hey cutie, meet me at our fave restaurant at six-thirty? C u soon. -Jason the text said. I rolled my eyes. That's what Char got so excited about? I couldn't help it, I had to text him back.

Love 2... But make it 5:30, I have to be home by 6:30.... =(

Sure, c u then he wrote back.

Charlotte stomped into the room again and grabbed her purse just a few seconds after I had deleted the messages and put her phone away. Without another word she turned out of my room and marched out the door, slamming it slightly.

My lips curved into a smirk. Poor Charlotte, I thought to myself smugly. I wonder how Jason will feel when he thinks he got stood up...

-----------------

Charlotte's Point of View

I checked my watch as my heels quickly click-clacked down the street and toward our favorite restaurant: 6:32 p.m. Jason was going to kill me, he hated when I was late. I soon after rushed into the restaurant's front doors, breathless.

I looked to see which table Jason was at and saw him in the center of the room talking to a girl that was about our age, probably a waitress. I watched from where I was standing and saw the girl giggle, twisting her hair around her finger as Jason smirked. I felt a pang of jealousy, and quickly rushed up behind Jason.

"Hey baby!" I said enthusiastically, and gave the waitress a dirty look. The girl looked confused for a second and then stuck her manicured hand out for me to shake.

"Hi, I'm Lizzy, I--" Jason interupted quickly, shooting the girl a look.

"She was just leaving," Jason said, and the girl took a hint. She quickly shot him another confused glance and then hurried out of the restaurant. Okay, I thought to myself. So she's not a waitress...

I looked at him for an explanation but he said nothing. "Who was she?" I demanded. I wasn't usually the jealous type but I couldn't help it. Jason narrowed his eyes at me.

"Just a friend," he said coolly. "A friend who wouldn't stand me up," he added knowingly. I stared at him, apalled.

"I was three freaking minutes late! That hardly qualifies as STOOD UP!" I said, my voice raising an octave. He chuckled bitterly.

"Three minutes? Try an hour, princess," he said, sounding hostile. Then he stood up, and without another word, walked out.

A waiter suddenly appeared next to me, and I noticed the empty plates of food that were surrounding me on the table. "I assume that you will be paying the bill, miss?" he asked, then handed me the bill for $64.79, which I just stared at.

I realized that nobody was going to come back to help me pay. I opened my wallet and slapped down the money and thought furiously. Son of a---

_________________________

Hi, and thanks to everybody who reads my stories and I really hope you vote, comment, and tell your friends to read my stories too if you like them, please! Thanks so much! xox