Part Twenty One

As the end of the school day approached the losers they all met at the gates to say their goodbyes. Stanley and Bill went one way, Beverly went another leaving Mike and Ben to go their way. "Guess that leaves you coming with me" Richie said eyeing the smaller boy stood in front of him. They started walking back to Toziers. Nothing but complete silence and the birds tweet filled the air. "My moms taking my sister to the park after school so they won't be home for at least an hour" he warned the boy as he found the spare key in the flower pot.

"I've missed Holly." Eddie replied as he watched the taller boys hand turn the key. "Can i talk to you?" He mumbled. Richie nodded. "Lets get inside first." He stated as he pushed the door open. He wondered inside and so did Eddie closing the door behind him. They both chucked their battered school bags down onto the floor along with their torn up shoes. Richie wondered off upstairs to his bedroom leaving the boy no choice but to follow.

They entered his room and both sat down on the bed staring at one another. "Im listening" Richie said with a reassuring tone in the back of his voice. This was so Eddie understood that his attention wasn't anywhere but him. "My mom has been uh....beating me." Eddie said slowly breaking eye contact with the boy and looking anywhere else. The trashmouth didn't know what to say at first. His mouth would open then close again in fright of saying the wrong thing. "Stay here." He finally said.

"Don't go home. I can't have you hurt, it hurts me. I don't like seeing you sad, it upsets me and i CANT let you go somewhere your not gonna be safe" he added making sure 'cant' was emphasised as much as possible. "We'll get her sorted Eddie." He said one last final time. The battered boy looked up at the trashmouth with nothing but worry. "She'll make my life hell if we don't succeed" he said after a moment of silent. "Were not going to Fail, i'll make sure of it." He said a serious tone lingering in the back of his throat.

Eddie nodded before looking away again. "Im sorry i didn't tell you sooner" he added; his eyes filling up with water, he felt like creating a waterfall. The trashmouth brung the boys face back round. He placed a hand on his cheek with a sigh. "You've told me now" he finally spoke out. The pale boy took a glance down before looking back at him. "Your not mad?" Eddie asked worriedly. Richie shook his head and licked his lips slowly "Im not mad".
————————————————
another reddie fanfiction in the making❗️❗️