"Honey are you ok in there?" My mother. I quickly dry the rest of my body and start wearing the clean pajama she's brought me.

"Yeah, just a second!" I scream back. Once I'm fully dressed up, I tie up my hair in a ponytail and leave the bathroom to go back to them. "Do you know when I can leave?" I ask to my father.

"They need to run a couple more exams to make sure you're ok and if the results are positive you can leave today." I nod my head, feeling immediately relieved. There's nothing I want more than going back home.

*

The day at the hospital had been quite boring, between more exams and checkups, but my family hadn't left my side not even for a second and being with familiar people helps me keeping my mind busy. When they had finally told me that I was free to go back home I couldn't believe it. I had been on the edge for all the car ride at the thought of being back home. When I see the familiar alley, with the same people, the same cars and the same colors for a minute it almost seems like nothing has ever changed and I wish I could spend the rest of my life in that exact, tiny minute. Once I'm inside, the familiar smell invades my nostrils and a sense of nostalgia and happiness with it. There's also regretting. I wonder how things would have gone I had decided to just come here with my father, like I had told him, that morning. I immediately walk toward my room and when I get inside I'm quite surprised to see that there are some of my old stuff around, all messed up. On the floor there are some of my old pictures and some of my old books and bloc-notes are opened on my desk.

"Sorry, we didn't have time to put everything back in place..." My father tells me, as soon as he reaches me in my room. I just smile at him and get down to take the pictures from the floor.

"I don't mind..." I shrug my shoulders. I look at the pictures between my hands, remembering the majority of these moments.

"We thought we could've found something useful for the investigation..." He just says with a light smile, getting down on his knees next to me, to help me pick up the various pictures on the floor.

"You and Wes?" I absently ask, ordering the various photos.

"Spencer and Harry helped too." I immediately turn to look at him at the mention of his name. I imagine him sitting right where I am, looking at the same pictures I'm looking at right now and I wonder what he thinks. I wonder if he's cried too for my death and if he's gone on with his life. Maybe my death has been the best thing that has ever happened to him.

"Why?"

"I thought he could know more about you, compared to Wes or Spencer." Aaron shrugs his shoulders. I'd like to ask him everything about him, everything I've wondered just a second ago, but I'm not sure I'm ready to hear an answer. When the door bell rings, he immediately stands up.

"Stay here, I'm gonna see who that is!" I nod my head and I see him disappear down the corridor. Once I've collected all the photos on the floor I put them back in the box where they originally were. I can hear my dad talking from here, with someone else. After a bit the conversation seems to get more heated.

I quickly get up and with a quick pace I walk toward where the voices are coming from.

"I can't give you information on an investigation case." I recognize my dad's voice. As soon as I reach him at the entry I immediately stop on my tracks when I recognize the person he's talking to. When she notices me too, she lets out a sonorous gasp and brings a hand on her — now — parted lips. She looks at me, with her eyes widened, not fully believing what she's seeing and without being able to explain it to herself. I can see her figure shaking, while she tries to find a reasonable explanation. I feel as frozen as her as I watch her. I feel unable to move; either to ignore her and go back to my room or just to face her. I'm stuck.