ON WATTPAD: Your Profile and You

Start from the beginning

Your bio can be anything you want (this will get covered in the edit profile chapter) directly below that will be whatever links you added. I personally only have my twitter and NaNoWriMo profile, thus that's all you see on mine. You'll see more or less here depending on what you add to your profile or what others link to their profile.

After those links are the people you follow. Clicking on each circle picture will take you to that persons profile, or clicking on the blue oval with a number will bring up the rest of the people you follow.

Under that is the select your theme area. This box sucks. Sorry, Wattpad, but it's true. Only people who pay for premium can use that giant box so for the rest of us, it's just an annoyance you can't get rid of. I'll kind of go over premium a little bit later.

And finally, ending the left hand side of your profile is your last pinned message. I'll cover pinned messages when I go over the conversations tab. But first. . . the right hand column.

On this side you'll see your top 3 books, a button to click to show any others you might have, and then all your reading lists.

Let's start with the books. A lot of this stuff you can see in detail on your stats page. So I could probably get away with not explaining it now, but I'm going to anyway. You'll see this same basic layout of books on every profile you visit, except that blue published will go away on a user that isn't you.

You'll see an image of your cover and to the right is the details of the book. The numbers under the title are probably the most important thing you'll need from this area if you're planning on stat watching your books. Once you reach 1K on the reads and votes Wattpad will only display the rounded up numbers. You have to hover over them to get the real numbers. I really really really hate that haha

 I really really really hate that haha

The eye looking icon is your reads. The star is the votes. The lines and dotes next to that is how many parts that book has.

Under those is the sample blurb of your book. You only get three lines to draw a reader in, so make them count if you can.

Under that is a couple of the random tags. They change every time you refresh so what you see one day might not be what you see the next. You can see the rest of the tags by clicking on the plus sign and going into the blurb page of your book.